Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Anyone else here just still running the original BIOS? I have not updated mine after hearing all the problems folks had. Maybe we can have @CaseySJ put a quick not in the build post with the newest known working version of the BIOS so folks know what is safe? I think F23 was?
I don't have any issues. I'm on F25.

Anyone else here just still running the original BIOS? I have not updated mine after hearing all the problems folks had. Maybe we can have @CaseySJ put a quick not in the build post with the newest known working version of the BIOS so folks know what is safe? I think F23 was?

I don't have any issues. I'm on F25.

Thanks -- I've added this to top of Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 12.23.23 PM.png

Thanks for the update!

One quick thing - I am on the latest OC release, the OCAT tool seems to think my Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen are "newer" version than it can find. Should I allow the tool to downgrade these files?

Its been a while since I messed with updating these, so I am not sure how I got these versions

1690831435895.png

One quick thing - I am on the latest OC release, the OCAT tool seems to think my Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen are "newer" version than it can find. Should I allow the tool to downgrade these files?
Running OCAT with the boxes checked will not downgrade those kexts.

It's an English grammar problem. The OCAT dev is from China and the English isn't perfect.

Current doesn't mean it's what kext you have installed. It's supposed to mean the newest available to download.

Here's what the two newest Lilu and WEG kexts are today:

Screen Shot 7.jpg
Lilu

Screen Shot.jpg
WEG

Its been a while since I messed with updating these, so I am not sure how I got these versions
Just checkmark the boxes next to those 3 kexts with red that are outdated and then update them. Relatively straightforward.

Last edited:
Perfect thank you

Final question for the moment, I have the latest version of Montgomery installed, can I just run the Ventura upgrade and be all set, or do I need to do any prep first, other than a backup. I searched the thread I didn’t see anything obvious that changed in the update.

I have the latest version of Monterey installed, can I just run the Ventura upgrade and be all set, or do I need to do any prep first, other than a backup
Best for other Z690 motherboard owners to answer this. I have no idea of specific Z690 issues involved with a Ventura upgrade. You should most always have the latest OC, kexts and drivers installed before trying the upgrade.

Thank you again @CaseySJ! Before I write things up and do the video (video will take a bit), are there any major issues you see with my EFI? I did ResizeAppleGpuBars 8 because I saw someone else do that but OC 0.9.4. tells me that's a problem. I left it as I *think* it added some performance in Geekbench 6 Metal? But I can turn that back to 0, BIOS has Resize GPU on.

I have run anywhere from 216k to 231k on Metal in Geekbench 6; it varies everytime I run that benchmark.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 513
Final question for the moment, I have the latest version of Montgomery installed, can I just run the Ventura upgrade and be all set, or do I need to do any prep first, other than a backup. I searched the thread I didn’t see anything obvious that changed in the update.
You’re prepared for the upgrade to Ventura. A full backup is strongly recommend before installing the upgrade.

my gpu is show this GFX10 Family how to fix it

MSI rx6800xt Trio gaming x 16g

Attachments

• Screenshot 2566-08-01 at 11.08.47.png
    Screenshot 2566-08-01 at 11.08.47.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2566-08-01 at 11.09.43.png
    Screenshot 2566-08-01 at 11.09.43.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 31
Back