Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Can someone please help me. I'm trying to get hot swap to work with Titan Ridge Monterey.

I have gigabyte z690 UD BIOS f7, i7-12700K last slot on motherboard titan ridge card

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi, @CaseySJ! This request may seem a bit odd but could you look over my EFI -- even though I have not built my computer yet? :lol: I read through all the guides, Dortania and looked at your EFI and then compared it to others who have my MOBO (Asus Z790 TUF Gaming) with an i9-13900K and pieced it all together.

Also, I found some people have an "APPLE" folder in their EFI and others do not. Any significance to this?
apple.jpg

NOTES:
  • I plan on using Windows 10 to fix the 6950 XT spoof if it doesn't work and port map my USB's if the SSDT I used from another person doesn't work
  • People have complained the i9-13900K crashes on full load, so I am using "SSDT-OLARILA700.aml" which some said is necessary but others seem to be fine without it. Hmmm
  • I found my ALC and Intel controllers and put the info in
  • RHUB is for ASUS though some ASUS users do not have it
  • Platforminfo > UpdateSMBIOSMode is "create" and I disabled "CustomSMBIOSGuid" quirk because Dortania said to. Yet I see you do not do this. Who do I believe?
  • Some people do not have any info in the 'Delete' tab of NVRAM but I added your info there
  • Under Misc > Security, I'm doing "Default" for SecureBootModel though I read some have it "Disabled"

Main Parts:
Asus TUF Gaming Z790 + WIFI DDR5
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400, 64 GB
2 TB WD BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2
i9-13900KF
XFX Speedster 6950 XT

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
If you program the Custom BIOS, you can no longer program the BIOS from Gigabyte's website.
were you able to get hot swap to work in z690 ud gigabyte using titan ridge last slot on monterboard?

were you able to get hot swap to work in z690 ud gigabyte using titan ridge last slot on monterboard?
The last port, it has the address RP09, not RP05.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP_RP09.aml
    8 KB · Views: 26
The last port, it has the address RP09, not RP05.
I appreciate your time sending me the file. I put the file in the Acpi folder
is there any other files I need? I can only get thunderbolt to work after booting from windows and no hot swap
can you look at my refi folder when you get a chance

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 27
  • bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
  • bios 3.jpg
    bios 3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • bios 2.jpg
    bios 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
I appreciate your time sending me the file. I put the file in the Acpi folder
is there any other files I need? I can only get thunderbolt to work after booting from windows and no hot swap
can you look at my refi folder when you get a chance
Test it.

Attachments

• EFIcorrect.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks for your comments!
It is weird now for me because I move the Maple Ridge to the bottom slot, with the headers out, and the Apollo started to work on every single boot, even after a restart. I was making use of the SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1.aml and the SSDT-DTbtSsdt.aml, from CaseySJ's post (#1,159) and the picker enabled was elementary.
But then I started to test with some changings, and I got back to the cold boot only. I cannot have it work smoothly as when I just put it back to the bottom slot.
And it is not just that a cold boot is needed, it needs a restart after the cold boot to have it working... Really annoying.
How do you have your setup working?
It will be enough for me if I can have the UAD connected every time I turn on the computer.
Have you solved your issue? My experience with Apollo, especially x8 daisy chained x 3, it needs hot swap to work.
Without hot swap working, the connections and the Apollo will not work correctly (drops not connecting at all, etc.

My previous build, z390 ga pro hot swap daisy chain no issues ..now I moved to z690 UD. Neither Titan Ridge or Maple Ridge, I can't get hot swap to work... Apollo won't work correctly... many issues.

Thank you very much I just test it but unfortunately same thing no hot swap and no cold boot also:yawn::yawn:
Can you take a PCIe dump from the Hackintool program?
1690558604799.png

Hi, @CaseySJ! This request may seem a bit odd but could you look over my EFI -- even though I have not built my computer yet? :lol: I read through all the guides, Dortania and looked at your EFI and then compared it to others who have my MOBO (Asus Z790 TUF Gaming) with an i9-13900K and pieced it all together.

Also, I found some people have an "APPLE" folder in their EFI and others do not. Any significance to this?
View attachment 569571

NOTES:
  • I plan on using Windows 10 to fix the 6950 XT spoof if it doesn't work and port map my USB's if the SSDT I used from another person doesn't work
  • People have complained the i9-13900K crashes on full load, so I am using "SSDT-OLARILA700.aml" which some said is necessary but others seem to be fine without it. Hmmm
  • I found my ALC and Intel controllers and put the info in
  • RHUB is for ASUS though some ASUS users do not have it
  • Platforminfo > UpdateSMBIOSMode is "create" and I disabled "CustomSMBIOSGuid" quirk because Dortania said to. Yet I see you do not do this. Who do I believe?
  • Some people do not have any info in the 'Delete' tab of NVRAM but I added your info there
  • Under Misc > Security, I'm doing "Default" for SecureBootModel though I read some have it "Disabled"

Main Parts:
Asus TUF Gaming Z790 + WIFI DDR5
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400, 64 GB
2 TB WD BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2
i9-13900KF
XFX Speedster 6950 XT
Hello @mattbatt,

I commend your effort to create or configure the EFI folder by yourself. There are several corrections to be made, however:
  • SSDT-BRG0 points to PCIe slot 1, but it just defines a bridge device there and nothing more
    • It does not seem necessary to enable this SSDT
  • SSDT-BRG0-6950 points to PCIe slot 2 and defines the 6950XT in slot 2
    • Is your GPU installed in Slot 2?
  • Here are some other change requests:
Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.08.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.02.28 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.06.51 AM.png

Other changes may also be needed, but these are the ones that immediately caught my eye.

Back