Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Have you solved your issue? My experience with Apollo, especially x8 daisy chained x 3, it needs hot swap to work.
Without hot swap working, the connections and the Apollo will not work correctly (drops not connecting at all, etc.

My previous build, z390 ga pro hot swap daisy chain no issues ..now I moved to z690 UD. Neither Titan Ridge or Maple Ridge, I can't get hot swap to work... Apollo won't work correctly... many issues.
Hola! Well, let me tell about my whole experience. I managed to make my Apollo Twin work smoothly using the Maple Ridge. There is no need for hot swap for that card. BUT we used a TH2 version with requires a TH 2 to 3 adapter which I got from Apple. It works just fine, but it was brutally necessary to restart the computer after every power only then the Twin would get loaded. This restart is the effect of the TH3 Adapter. We couldn't have the Antelope card working with the Maple Ridge, but the connection via Thunderbolt was perfect in Windows!

Then we decided to get a Titan Ridge v2. The Apollo worked just fine with both cards! We didn't even lashed the firmware. For the Antelope to work, it was necessary to activate the connection on Windows first. Then booting into macOS and Voila!
Is there anything else that I can help you with just let me know.
I'm sure that every UAD interface should work fine with the Maple Ridge.

Send me your EFI, I can check it for you and fix it.
:mrgreen:
W

Just wanted to report and thank that this guide also worked fine for my Gigabyte B660M Aorus Pro AX DD4 motherboard as well! :thumbup: But one thing that is different for my setup is that you have to enable Above 4GB MMIO (hence also enable resizable BAR) which I am not sure why. Without this enabled, the computer would refuse to boot the installer or will automatically reboot. This is only needed if the firmware was F22 higher. F21 or lower Above 4G MMIO can be disabled. But besides that using an AMD RX 6650 XT via spoofing and an Intel Core i5 12600K works great!

Last hackintosh I will be building but one that is capable of gaming (on Windows) for a very good while (13th gen also supported).

EfWhD59.png

HAuCgLy.png

pPMbfXX.png

...But one thing that is different for my setup is that you have to enable Above 4GB MMIO (hence also enable resizable BAR) which I am not sure why. ...
Glad to hear the build was successful! Regarding BIOS settings, we do mention this at the top of Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 8.30.50 AM.png

Glad to hear the build was successful! Regarding BIOS settings, we do mention this at the top of Post 1:

View attachment 569872
I did see that after but at the time I didn’t think this board needed it but turns out most Gigabyte motherboards have the exact same settings/SSDTs/patches which actually is convenient. :D But everything works. Great success! Hopefully at some point the Intel wireless module gets full support for continuity instead of having a dedicated Broadcom PCIe wifi card for it. Greater RGB support too would be nice too as liquidctl is a bit limited ATM. :)

Well,
I upgraded to Ventura - Current version which is 13.5. Everything seems good, except my Ethernet stopped working. Apple VTD is on, I reset NVRAM and restarted. I'll try shutting down later and see if that helps but a quick search really didn't come up with much for me to try.

Well,
I upgraded to Ventura - Current version which is 13.5. Everything seems good, except my Ethernet stopped working. Apple VTD is on, I reset NVRAM and restarted. I'll try shutting down later and see if that helps but a quick search really didn't come up with much for me to try.
For the Intel i225-V Ethernet port, please see this post:

For the Intel i225-V Ethernet port, please see this post:
This kext, does this need AppleVTD to be enabled? Besides, maybe if you need Thunderbolt devices, would it be recommended to turn VT-D off or does it serve some other purpose in macOS?

VT-d has to be enabled for Driver Kit, which uses "dexts" to replace older "kexts". Kexts do not require AppleVTD.
But Thunderbolt devices could very well require AppleVTD (and thus VT-d) to work.

Short take: If you can enable AppleVTD on your Hackintosh, go for it! It is the most "Mac-like" configuration.

@GhostRaiderMX,

In general we should enable AppleVTD. On other boards such as Z390 Designare and Z490 Vision D we drop the standard DMAR table (DMA Remap), which causes Windows boot failures for some (not all). On Z690 boards that I've come across, however, we don't need to drop the standard DMAR table, so there should be no impact to other operating systems.

Back