Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello @mattbatt,

I commend your effort to create or configure the EFI folder by yourself. There are several corrections to be made, however:
  • SSDT-BRG0 points to PCIe slot 1, but it just defines a bridge device there and nothing more
    • It does not seem necessary to enable this SSDT
  • SSDT-BRG0-6950 points to PCIe slot 2 and defines the 6950XT in slot 2
    • Is your GPU installed in Slot 2?
  • Here are some other change requests:
View attachment 569646View attachment 569644View attachment 569645
Other changes may also be needed, but these are the ones that immediately caught my eye.
Thank you very much @CaseySJ for your time to look over my EFI folder, take screenshots and point out some issues. I worked all day and installed Ventura and had already made the change of 3841 for processor type and "auto".

Here's what's working:
  • SSDT-BRG0-6950 - 6950 XT is fully supported even though it is installed in PCI 1. Hmmmm. Metal Score: 228,652.
  • Intel WIFI
  • Intel Ethernet
  • Audio (front, back and digital out)
  • Sleep
Not working yet:
  • Bluetooth. I followed your guide but I think the USB port map I am using could of disabled it since the person was using a Fenvi card. I am going to map my own USB because some are disabled on the front anyway.
  • Mac Update (I'm on 13.4.1 and no new update shows)
Still to do:
  • Disable SSDT-BRG0 - see what happens
  • Map my own USB ports
  • Try and get Bluetooth going

Here's my progress EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Thank you very much @CaseySJ for your time to look over my EFI folder, take screenshots and point out some issues. I worked all day and installed Ventura and had already made the change of 3841 for processor type and "auto".

Here's what's working:
  • SSDT-BRG0-6950 - 6950 XT is fully supported even though it is installed in PCI 1. Hmmmm. Metal Score: 228,652.
  • Intel WIFI
  • Intel Ethernet
  • Audio (front, back and digital out)
  • Sleep
Not working yet:
  • Bluetooth. I followed your guide but I think the USB port map I am using could of disabled it since the person was using a Fenvi card. I am going to map my own USB because some are disabled on the front anyway.
  • Mac Update (I'm on 13.4.1 and no new update shows)
Still to do:
  • Disable SSDT-BRG0 - see what happens
  • Map my own USB ports
  • Try and get Bluetooth going

Here's my progress EFI
Regarding Intel Bluetooth, we just need to enable HS14 and disable some other USB port in order to maintain a 15 port limit. Because HS14 is an internal USB 2.0 port, its "type" must be 255 (or hex 0xFF).
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.51.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Regarding Intel Bluetooth, we just need to enable HS14 and disable some other USB port in order to maintain a 15 port limit. Because HS14 is an internal USB 2.0 port, its "type" must be 255 (or hex 0xFF).
View attachment 569749
Hi @CaseySJ, it was a late night but I got EVERYTHING working! Remapped my USB, Bluetooth works, and I remade BRG0 with my own GPU spoof.

Also, I was running Pugetbench for Adobe Premiere, and it would freeze then restart. It also did this in Windows 10. I found some other people having reboots with the 6950xt.

This took me an entire day but I fixed it! I had to carefully detune my voltage for my i9-13900KF. No matter what I did, adding voltage, etc, Mac OS would restart if it pulled more than 1.48v on CPU package.

Interesting enough, while rendering in Cinebench, voltage is lower but watts are high but doing Pugetbench with fast video exports would spike voltage but watts would be lower.

I’m holding stable at 36,000 cinebench, 2,850 single and 17,000 multi Geekbench 6.

Also of note, before returning, Logic Pro ran 520 tracks! Now it is 445. M2 Ultra is around 350!

So should I post this as a build? I was wondering if I should make a YouTube video. What’s do you think?

Before I take a plunge and go back to my z690 Aero G, i7-13700 and sell the z790, i9-13900 K, can anyone get sleep to work correctly? The z690 is perfect, the z790 sleeps once then the second time black screen but won’t sleep or wake up screen. Both machines use Ventura 13.5 and latest BIOS.

So should I post this as a build? I was wondering if I should make a YouTube video. What’s do you think?
Write up a User Build description. :thumbup: (Be sure to follow the Template outline.)

BIOS F25 released.
  1. Checksum : C6B1
  2. Support GIGABYTE BIOS Settings feature under HWiNFO64(V7.6 version and after) Please find more information at: https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/2101
  3. Supports and powers up Intel next generation processors

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...r4_f25.zip?v=b653865d6cc56d4370dfa4f40fef421b

Anyone else here just still running the original BIOS? I have not updated mine after hearing all the problems folks had. Maybe we can have @CaseySJ put a quick not in the build post with the newest known working version of the BIOS so folks know what is safe? I think F23 was?

Back