Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Enabled RestrictEvents and set processor to 0. Still doesn't work!
Processor type must be 3841 as stated in RestrictEvents page on GitHub:

IMG_9849.jpeg

Last edited:
CaseySJ, that did the trick. I built my .92 efi and config from scratch for the first time. It was a learning process to say the least but now I know how to do it.
That's awesome. Did you try mapping the USB ports as well?

Processor type must be 3841 as stated in RestrictEvents page on GitHub:

View attachment 568889

Curious. The default OpenCore seemed to offer for non 8-core CPUs was 1541, not 1537.

While this may or may not have been correct, the CPU spec'ed in About this Mac was usually wrong because of this, but replacing with "0" corrected the display (as was my intention here). Power management did not seem affected if other variables were set.

Interesting to learn what code OpenCore "Processor Type" adds to factor 13th gen CPUs as Apple hasn't used one. Yes, they used Xeons obviously but macOS would handle core-count natively.

(I do not doubt the screengrab you've posted. Nor the success the OP has now had correcting the CPU display reporting. I question the fundamental of the guidance).

Attachments

• config.plist
    59.3 KB · Views: 27
That's awesome. Did you try mapping the USB ports as well?
I did try mapping my own USB ports but it cased crashing so I stuck with one or yours.

Curious. The default OpenCore seemed to offer for non 8-core CPUs was 1541, not 1537.

While this may or may not have been correct, the CPU spec'ed in About this Mac was usually wrong because of this, but replacing with "0" corrected the display (as was my intention here). Power management did not seem affected if other variables were set.

Interesting to learn what code OpenCore "Processor Type" adds to factor 13th gen CPUs as Apple hasn't used one. Yes, they used Xeons obviously but macOS would handle core-count natively.

(I do not doubt the screengrab you've posted. Nor the success the OP has now had correcting the CPU display reporting. I question the fundamental of the guidance).
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 8.01.12 PM.png

It does work but the actual problem was I had Restrict Events unchecked and when I checked it it still did not work because revcpuname was set to data, not string then I changed Processor type to 0. When I changed it to 3841 all worked. A bunch of stupid mistakes on my part.

Thank you so much. Fixed bluetooth. Activating the BlueToolFixup.kext
I see you have Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge
What BIOS are you working with?
I have GIGABYTE Titan Ridge. I will try if it works.
I'll be busy comparing your config.plist.
I am very grateful @beelzebozo.

Thank you so much. Fixed bluetooth. Activating the BlueToolFixup.kext
I see you have Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge
What BIOS are you working with?
I have GIGABYTE Titan Ridge. I will try if it works.
I'll be busy comparing your config.plist.
I am very grateful @beelzebozo.
Latest BIOS.

Back