Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi @CaseySJ

I just completed my build and everything works fine but... Is it normal for programs to detect my 6800 XT as "Radeon HD GFX10 Unknown Prototype"

Photoshop behaves slower than expected compared to my Windows install in tasks that use the GPU more (the blur gallery, for example)

I'm attaching screenshots of "System Report" and how Photoshop and Blender "see" the GPU. Activity Monitor's "GPU History" window also sees the same "prototype".

This is the graphics card I got, ha. It was the only in stock when I bought my parts

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.8 MB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.14 AM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.38 AM.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.13.53 AM.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.23.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 10.23.57 AM.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi @CaseySJ

I just completed my build and everything works fine but... Is it normal for programs to detect my 6800 XT as "Radeon HD GFX10 Unknown Prototype"

Photoshop behaves slower than expected compared to my Windows install in tasks that use the GPU more (the blur gallery, for example)

I'm attaching screenshots of "System Report" and how Photoshop and Blender "see" the GPU. Activity Monitor's "GPU History" window also sees the same "prototype".

This is the graphics card I got, ha. It was the only in stock when I bought my parts
Hello @jorsh,

Because I'm away from home on vacation at the moment, I'm unable to check this on my own Radeon 6800 XT. So let me ask others...

All,

If you have a Radeon 6800, 6800XT or 6900XT are you injecting any particular Frame Buffer to improve compute performance from these GPUs such as Belknap or Carswell? Does it make any difference in applications such as Photoshop and Blender?

@CaseySJ
The Gigabyte Titan Ridge card can be used on the ROG Z790-E, and the identification is normal, and the hot plug is normal.

Hello @jorsh,

Because I'm away from home on vacation at the moment, I'm unable to check this on my own Radeon 6800 XT. So let me ask others...

All,

If you have a Radeon 6800, 6800XT or 6900XT are you injecting any particular Frame Buffer to improve compute performance from these GPUs such as Belknap or Carswell? Does it make any difference in applications such as Photoshop and Blender?
When I had my 6800XT is just work OFB with no need for any adjustments in Monterey or Ventura and it showed up as AMD 6800XT in about this device and videoproc similar to the below

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 06.41.19.png

Last edited:
** Ventura Incremental macOS Updates with RestrictEvents Enabled **

As we know, incremental macOS updates fail to occur when using MacPro7,1 with Ventura. To solve this problem, try adding revpatch boot argument as shown using standard version of RestrictEvents:

revpatch=auto,sbvmm,asset
Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 2.14.58 PM.png

** OpenCore 0.8.8 Released **

We can update using the "right-click" method in HackinDROM Application:

Hello @CaseySJ I updated the Ethernet config according to your guide for I225 on my z690 aero g. And the system report shows the same results as yours (ethernet detected, Driver: com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000), but it does not detect the connected ethernet cable. This cable works on the other ethernet card. Do you have any suggestions to fix this issue? Thanks!

Hello @CaseySJ I updated the Ethernet config according to your guide for I225 on my z690 aero g. And the system report shows the same results as yours (ethernet detected, Driver: com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000), but it does not detect the connected ethernet cable. This cable works on the other ethernet card. Do you have any suggestions to fix this issue? Thanks!
Hello @Sn0wMan,

A few things to check:
  • Is AppleVTD enabled?
  • Does WiFi connect and work?
  • What is the Revision of the I225-V in System Information -> Ethernet?
  • Does I225-V have a valid MAC address in System Information -> Ethernet?

Hello @Sn0wMan,

A few things to check:
  • Is AppleVTD enabled?
  • Does WiFi connect and work?
  • What is the Revision of the I225-V in System Information -> Ethernet?
  • Does I225-V have a valid MAC address in System Information -> Ethernet?
Is AppleVTD enabled? YES
Does WiFi connect and work? YES
What is the Revision of the I225-V in System Information -> Ethernet? Revision ID: 0x0003
Does I225-V have a valid MAC address in System Information -> Ethernet? YES. The I225 ethernet also works on win 11.

The caldigit TS3 Plus thunderbolt dock ethernet also works.

Last edited:
Is AppleVTD enabled? YES
Does WiFi connect and work? YES
What is the Revision of the I225-V in System Information -> Ethernet? Revision ID: 0x0003
Does I225-V have a valid MAC address in System Information -> Ethernet? YES. The I225 ethernet also works on win 11.

The caldigit TS3 Plus thunderbolt dock ethernet also works.
Turn off VT-D in BIOS and check if ethernet works now.

Back