Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

** General Interest Post **

Some folks on other forums are reporting multi-core performance improvement on Intel 12th and 13th gen CPUs when using both:
  • ProvideCurrentCpuInfo kernel quirk (we have this checked on already)
  • CpuTopologyRebuild.kext (click here for details)

Something I noticed is that when using CPUFriend with the iMac Pro 1,1 DataProvider, I end up getting EFI/Bootrom errors during sleep.

Anyone else have this issue?

Switched to using AppleXcpmForceBoost for now. Seeing less crashes

Last edited:
Over a year ago, @Elias64Fr extracted the Thunderbolt DXE/PEI drivers from Apple’s own firmware and surgically implanted them into the Gigabyte Z390 firmware. He had to adjust some checksum bytes so that the modified BIOS could be flashed from within BIOS Setup.

It worked wonderfully. It could configure all Thunderbolt properties automatically, including Thunderbolt DROM.

We just need someone to apply the same methodology to fix GC-Titan Ridge on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G.
@CaseySJ
Would you like to ask whether the GIGABYTE Titan Ridge card is supported if the ASUS Z790-E motherboard is replaced? Short circuit pins 1 and 3.

@CaseySJ
Would you like to ask whether the GIGABYTE Titan Ridge card is supported if the ASUS Z790-E motherboard is replaced? Short circuit pins 1 and 3.
Hello @ljl137

Are you saying that GC-Titan Ridge works on Asus Z790-E by connecting the top and middle pins of the 5-pin J1 header?

They don’t seem to get the point.
We need to establish a common, uniform version.
I found such info on the UAD website that Thunderbolt 4 does not work with older music cards.

UADnotCompatibil.png

I'm not good with English and 3x they wrote me back to change the controller to Maple Ridge. But I have not only UAD, but also drives on Thunderbolt 2 with an adapter.

Hello @ljl137

Are you saying that GC-Titan Ridge works on Asus Z790-E by connecting the top and middle pins of the 5-pin J1 header?
Hello @CaseySJ
Yes, I am planning to do that. The new motherboard has been received, but there is no time for testing.

We need to establish a common, uniform version.
I found such info on the UAD website that Thunderbolt 4 does not work with older music cards.

View attachment 560612

I'm not good with English and 3x they wrote me back to change the controller to Maple Ridge. But I have not only UAD, but also drives on Thunderbolt 2 with an adapter.
Yep, and UAD doesn't hot plug in Windows either with Maple Ridge a Thunderbolt 2.

@CaseySJ
Feeling lucky here..
I have Gigabyte Z690 UD + 12600K + RX590 on Ventura. Hot plugging works with GC-Titan Ridge V2 card ONLY AFTER a sleep/wake cycle. Everything in the BIOS is enabled. I am wondering how I can iron out this last issue in my EFI.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 36
  • EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 45
  • DSDT.aml
    488.9 KB · Views: 27
@CaseySJ
Feeling lucky here..
I have Gigabyte Z690 UD + 12600K + RX590 on Ventura. Hot plugging works with GC-Titan Ridge V2 card ONLY AFTER a sleep/wake cycle. Everything in the BIOS is enabled. I am wondering how I can iron out this last issue in my EFI.
Hello @docadele,

Have you considered flashing the GC-Titan Ridge V2? On Z690 systems, a flashed GC-Titan Ridge provides the best results, including hot plug without needing a sleep/wake cycle.

Hello @docadele,

Have you considered flashing the GC-Titan Ridge V2? On Z690 systems, a flashed GC-Titan Ridge provides the best results, including hot plug without needing a sleep/wake cycle.
Thanks for your reply. Flashing the card has solved my problem. Now its hot-plugging.

Back