Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Casey, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!! Success on flashing my GS Titan Ridge Rev. 2 using your guide. Hot plug works, sleep works need more testing but looks good so far. This process is not for the faint of heart.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 9.07.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 9.07.51 PM.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 57
Casey, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!! Success on flashing my GS Titan Ridge Rev. 2 using your guide. Hot plug works, sleep works need more testing but looks good so far. This process is not for the faint of heart.
Isn't it glorious? :)

finally had a chance to try to downgrade my BIOS from F6 to F6D since I was able to use 3600 MHz XMP on my 4 stick RAM on all the previous BIOSs except for the latest F6.

Only way I found to downgrade BIOS is by using the Qflash-plus by renaming the desired BIOS to gigabyte.bin and put it in a root of a fat32 MBR formatted USB. Then pressing the Q-flash button on the motherboard which took about 5 minutes.

Stranger Thunderbolt things!!!!.

Z690 on OS. Monterey 12.1 with flashed Gigabyte Titan Ridge V2. TB card. (NVM33).

UA Apollo x8 and Octo Satellites daisy chained to one port on the Titan Ridge and a Focusrite Pro Red 8Pre connected to the second port via an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

This system has operated flawlessly. Quite stable.

The latest version of ProTools required Big Sur (11.6.3). I performed a clean install of Big Sur with OC 0.7.7 on a new WD 850 Black NVMe. The 0.7.7 install is stock. Nothing but credentials applied to the config.

Since this particular Big Sur would be my main boot for the time being, I deleted the EFI folder from the Monterey boot NVMe (which remained on the motherboard) so, the only available EFI boot folder is on the Big Sur NVMe.

The Big Sur drive boots fine to the desktop, the UA Apollo devices connects and functions however, the Focusrite 8Pre does not connect.

What I have done.:

1. Switched TB ports… The problems follows. UA works, 8Pre does not.

2. Booted the Monterey drive…. Both the UA Apollo and the 8Pre. Function

3. Daisy chained from TB card to Apollo x8p —> 8Pre —> UA Octo…. This works when booted from Monterey drive. Does not work when booted from Big Sur drive.

4. Connected the 8Pre on a MacBook running Big Sur…..it functions.

Is anyone aware of changes made to OS 11.6.3 that would possibly be responsible for this rather bizarre behavior? Especially since all components work with OS 12.1 with the very same EFI.

I am stumped.:banghead::banghead::crazy::crazy:
Tony.

Last edited:

Z690 on OS. Monterey 12.1 with flashed Gigabyte Titan Ridge V2. TB card. (NVM33).

UA Apollo x8 and Octo Satellites daisy chained to one port on the Titan Ridge and a Focusrite Pro Red 8Pre connected to the second port via an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter.

The latest version of ProTools required Big Sur (11.6.3). I performed a clean install of Big Sur with OC 0.7.7 on a new WD 850 Black NVMe. The 0.7.7 install is stock. Nothing but credentials applied to the config.

Since this particular Big Sur would be my main boot for the time being, I deleted the EFI folder from the Monterey boot NVMe (which remained on the motherboard) so, the only available EFI boot folder is on the Big Sur NVMe.

The Big Sur drive boots fine to the desktop, the UA Apollo devices connects and functions however, the Focusrite 8Pre does not connect.

What I have done.:

3. Daisy chained from TB card to Apollo x8p —> 8Pre —> UA Octo…. This works when booted from Monterey drive. Does not work when booted from Big Sur drive.

Is anyone aware of changes made to OS 11.6.3 that would possibly be responsible for this rather bizarre behavior? Especially since all components work with OS 12.1 with the very same EFI.

Tony.
Although not officially supported, I am using Protools with Monterey with no problems.

What I have done.:

Tony.
Afaik, Red Net Control is applying parameter modifications to the system driver for your Focusrite interface. And as per release notes Monterey is not supported yet for Red Net Control...perhaps for a reason. You should probably contact the support of Focusrite, before you try anything in that direction...

Afaik, Red Net Control is applying parameter modifications to the system driver for your Focusrite interface. And as per release notes Monterey is not supported yet for Red Net Control...perhaps for a reason. You should probably contact the support of Focusrite, before you try anything in that direction...
@lightmanrt and @nightworxx...hello, thank you for responding.

I should point out the system works perfectly with Monterey. I desired Big Sur because the Avid complete bundle 18.10 is not compatible with Monterey. Otherwise ProTools 2021.12 works without any issues on Monterey.

The issue I am experiencing is with a fresh install of Big Sur 11.6.3, on a separate Nvme.

Upon further investigation, Focusrite's Rednet Control2 and UA'sControl Panel refuse to coexists on this particular GA Z690 areo G build, when booted on Big Sur. UA Apollo and Satellites work Focusrite RedNet does not.

I can see the Focusrite listed in the Thunderbolt Device Tree however it is not available for use.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 12.16.46 PM.png

I am using the very same OC 0.7.7 EFI on a Flashstick to boot Monterey and Big Sur on the Z690 system.

This is what works (fully functional).

Both Focusrite and UAD devices using Monterey 12.1 on This Z690 system.
Both Focusrite and UAD devices using Monterey 12.1 and Big Sur 11.6.3 on a Z490 Vision D system.
Both Focusrite and UAD devices using Monterey 12.1 on a MacBook Pro Max m1.

the saga continues..........

Tony

Last edited:
Anyone experiencing updating problems?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.26.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.26.05 AM.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 41
@CaseySJ,
Have you tried the AX201 kexts recently. I saw this on the Intel BT kext page.

What additional steps should I do to make Bluetooth work on macOS Monterey?
  1. Make sure IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v1.1.3 or newer is used.
  2. Exclude the injection of IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for macOS Monterey from the Bootloader's config
  3. Include BlueToolFixup.kext from acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

Back