Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi All, I'm experiencing disconnects with the digital audio connection. It seem to happen randomly after my monitors wake, usually overnight. I'm going to see if having them never sleep fixes the issue, but I'd like to have them sleep when not in use if that ends up being the issue. Has anyone else had this happen? Also this seems to affect restarting. The computer won't restart normally. I have to cut the power off at the PSU, and then boot again. So the audio hang must be the culprit because it doesn't do that on a fresh boot and restart.

Hi All, I'm experiencing disconnects with the digital audio connection. It seem to happen randomly after my monitors wake, usually overnight. I'm going to see if having them never sleep fixes the issue, but I'd like to have them sleep when not in use if that ends up being the issue. Has anyone else had this happen? Also this seems to affect restarting. The computer won't restart normally. I have to cut the power off at the PSU, and then boot again. So the audio hang must be the culprit because it doesn't do that on a fresh boot and restart.
I do have to ask: Why not turn off the computer at the end of each day?

I usually have a lot of Windows open and continue my work to the next day. I don’t want to deal with the hassle of shutting down and closing apps. I suppose I could try sleep but rather see if I can resolve this issue.

@CaseySJ, thanks for help and that awesome thread!
Yesterday I add some options (like -no_compat_check) and stop get PC restart when I try to install mac. Also I can't install on my ssd (I use the same as you WD SN850 PCIe 4.0 500GB NVMe SSD, but on 1tb) and in DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM I choose iMacPro (2017) and after this I can install.

Also I replace my Intel AX201 module to Broadcom BCM94360NG Key A/E M.2 WiFi/BT module and WiFi+BT work! (but the signal now little worser than with default :D)

The last problem I have - it's not working audio output (and maybe micro). But I think I can fix it. (Or just use bluetooth headphones :D)

@CaseySJ, thanks for help and that awesome thread!
Yesterday I add some options (like -no_compat_check) and stop get PC restart when I try to install mac. Also I can't install on my ssd (I use the same as you WD SN850 PCIe 4.0 500GB NVMe SSD, but on 1tb) and in DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM I choose iMacPro (2017) and after this I can install.
That is odd -- both iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 should work.

Also I replace my Intel AX201 module to Broadcom BCM94360NG Key A/E M.2 WiFi/BT module and WiFi+BT work! (but the signal now little worser than with default :D)
Unfortunately this is normal. The Intel module uses the latest technology, but the BCM94360NG is several years old. The benefit, of course, is that BCM94360NG is (a) natively supported and (b) saves a PCIe slot!

The last problem I have - it's not working audio output (and maybe micro). But I think I can fix it. (Or just use bluetooth headphones :D)
The Aero G uses USB Audio, so the ports should work if the USB port is enabled. Can you post these two screenshots:
  • System Information --> Audio
  • IORegistryExplorer --> XHC section

That is odd -- both iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 should work.
I think it can be some my mistakes, but if anybody else it'll help...
Unfortunately this is normal. The Intel module uses the latest technology, but the BCM94360NG is several years old. The benefit, of course, is that BCM94360NG is (a) natively supported and (b) saves a PCIe slot!
Yeah, it cost it!
The Aero G uses USB Audio, so the ports should work if the USB port is enabled. Can you post these two screenshots:
  • System Information --> Audio
  • IORegistryExplorer --> XHC section

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.28.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.28.08.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 50
I think it can be some my mistakes, but if anybody else it'll help...

Yeah, it cost it!
Audio seems to be working...
  • If you plug a headphone into the green jack on the rear IO panel, does it work?
  • If you plug a headphone into the front panel audio jack, does it work?
Are you selecting the sound output device from the Sound menu?

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.40.56 AM.png

Audio seems to be working...
  • If you plug a headphone into the green jack on the rear IO panel, does it work?
  • If you plug a headphone into the front panel audio jack, does it work?
Are you selecting the sound output device from the Sound menu?

View attachment 540573
Yeah, try front and back audio jack (also check in Windows, that they work).
In sound output device I can't change volume then pick Realtek USB2.0 Audio
(second and third Realtek USB2.0 Audio - it's

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Yeah, try front and back audio jack (also check in Windows, that they work).
In sound output device I can't change volume then pick Realtek USB2.0 Audio
(second and third Realtek USB2.0 Audio - it's
Okay, problem found and fixed as follows:
  • Download and copy the attached AppleALCU.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder in the EFI partition.
  • Modify the Kernel section of config.plist as follows (simply change the AppleALC.kext line that already exists).
  • Reboot.
  • You should now see another sound output port. Simply select each one to determine which belongs to rear Line Out and which belongs to front panel headphone.
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 6.18.42 AM.png

This change has been made and posted to the EFI folder in the OC 0.7.7 mini-guide for this build.

Attachments

• AppleALCU.kext.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 57
Okay, problem found and fixed as follows:
  • Download and copy the attached AppleALCU.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder in the EFI partition.
  • Modify the Kernel section of config.plist as follows (simply change the AppleALC.kext line that already exists).
  • Reboot.
  • You should now see another sound output port. Simply select each one to determine which belongs to rear Line Out and which belongs to front panel headphone.
View attachment 540594
This change has been made and posted to the EFI folder in the OC 0.7.7 mini-guide for this build.
Oh, yeah, thanks a lot!
Now everything working and it's full MacOs :)

Back