Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi Casey. I have a GC Alpine Ridge and a Titan Ridge Rev 2. Will the NVM33 work in both?

Audio seems to be working...
  • If you plug a headphone into the green jack on the rear IO panel, does it work?
  • If you plug a headphone into the front panel audio jack, does it work?
Are you selecting the sound output device from the Sound menu?

View attachment 540573
How did you get the Line Out to show up. Here's my Sound devices.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 10.30.40 AM.png

How did you get the Line Out to show up. Here's my Sound devices.

View attachment 540599
We should see three Realtek USB2.0 Audio choices after installing AppleALCU.kext. The names will remain the same, but one of them should correspond to the rear Line Out port.

Hi Casey. I have a GC Alpine Ridge and a Titan Ridge Rev 2. Will the NVM33 work in both?
The NVM33 is for Titan Ridge controllers only and tends to work quite well. (Which does not mean "perfect"!)

The Repository does have some modified firmware for GC-Alpine Ridge, but those are definitely experimental. They may or may not work.

@CaseySJ 's scrrenshot also shows "headphones". I just updated AppleALCU, still shows "Realtek USB2.0 audio".

Just found my keyboard volume control can adjust the volume!!!!
I should have mentioned that that particular screenshot is from the Asus Z690 ProArt with Realtek ALC-1220VB. On the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G we have Realtek ALC-4080 that operates over USB and therefore:
  • Requires AppleALCU.kext
  • Does not use Layout ID
  • All audio ports have the same name because 'Layout ID' normally defines the names of audio ports, but this isn't used with USB audio

Anyone else not seeing the Monterey 12.2 update?

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 4.31.15 PM.png

Is SecureBootModel set to (a) Default or (b) Disabled? Try one or the other, reboot, and check for the update again.
I forgot to set it back to default when I upgraded to 77. Setting it to default worked.

Back