Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

** AppleALC Layout ID Issue Resolved for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator **

Summary:
  • Asus Z690 ProArt Creator contains a Realtek ALC-S1220A audio codec, presumably Rev 0x100003.
  • AppleALC 1.6.9 (pre-release build; will be part of OpenCore 0.7.8 next month) adds support for this version.
  • Layout ID 8 is needed for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator (boot-arg alcid=8).
  • Rear Line Out and Front Audio jacks work.
  • However, rear "C/Sub" and "Rear" surround channels do not work (of no concern to me personally); a different Layout ID might activate them.
Credit: Andrey1970AppleLife (acidanthera)

This means that all known issues are resolved. Intel Bluetooth does not work in Monterey (but that's a problem with IntelBluetoothFirmware kext), but Fenvi FV-T919 is fully functional.

Does this mean there's going to be a build guide coming soon? :)

Does this mean there's going to be a build guide
Most likely a Golden build. We'll need to add more storage to the site server.

If you've been here for any length of time you'll know Casey has the :

external-content.duckduckgo.com.png

Gigabyte Z390, Z490 and Z690 Golden Builds and an AMD Ryzen B550 too.

We can't leave out Asus as their new Z690 ProArt checks all the boxes for a fully working hackintosh.
They make some very good motherboards as most people here already know.

Last edited:
Most likely a Golden build. We'll need to add more storage to the site server.

If you've been here for any length of time you'll know Casey has the :

View attachment 539069
Gigabyte Z390, Z490 and Z690 Golden Builds and an AMD Ryzen B550 too.

We can't leave out Asus as their new Z690 ProArt checks all the boxes for a fully working hackintosh.
They make some very good motherboards as most people here already know.
I've preferred ASUS mobos over GA. First build was a P7P55D mobo :D

Casey, I believe I read before that you mentioned there were some BIOS issues with the Gigabyte board.

Is that still the case? I'm speccing up an Alder Lake build but I'm seeing quite a few different boards being used by people. There aren't many builds though so it's difficult to narrow down which board is the best option to go for.

@CaseySJ I had the same issue for airdrop. I am using BCM94360NG, the airdrop can found my macbook pro and iphone, but the found devices will disappear about every 10 seconds, also the airdrop of this device cannot be discovered even allowed everyone to discover.

Updates: Issue fixed according to your reply. Thanks!
disable BlueToolFixup.kext fixed the issue

BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext these two should also disabled (already disabled in CaseySJ's EFI).
Hey, I also have a BCM94360NG, connected to my HS14
How can you use Bluetooth on Monterey without BlueToolFixup?
I'm Also having AirDrop issues but removing BlueToolFixup will cause Bluetooth to completeley stop working

I'm Also having AirDrop issues but removing BlueToolFixup will cause Bluetooth to completeley stop working
I have a BCM94360NG. I don't use AirportBrcmFixup.kext or BlueToolFixup.kext. All is working.

Can you share your EFI? @Sn0wMan @StefanAM
I guess my USBMap is wrong for HS14?
Here are screenshots with BlueToolFixup disabled.
View attachment 539080
View attachment 539081

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    85 KB · Views: 56
I just enable all USB ports after the installtion, and disbale BlueToolFixup fixed the airdrop disconnection issue.

Back