Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

GC-Titan Ridge is strongly recommended over Maple Ridge!!

Only the on-board Maple Ridge of Asus Z690 ProArt Creator is working extremely well. On Gigabyte Aero G, you will be very disappointed with GC-Maple Ridge!

Buyer beware.
Have you experimented with GC-Titan Ridge?

Have you experimented with GC-Titan Ridge?
In Post 1 there’s a Thunderbolt section under “Tech Talk” in which we compare GC-Alpine Ridge, Titan Ridge and Maple Ridge. GC-Titan Ridge on Aero G wins the contest without question.

from where did you get the nzxt lga 1700 bracket? Did you get it from nzxt customer service? I’m trying to get one for alder lake / Raptor lake.
A local PC store (Central Computers) has the brackets in stock.

Booted with V2 SSDT and disabled Change _PTS to XPTS patch with SSDT-DTPG enabled.

Only connects on cold boot and no hot-plug. Attached I/O showing RP05.View attachment 539050
I tested the V6 SSDT for GC-Maple Ridge yesterday (with the ACPI patch for _PTS to XPTS) successfully with two different Thunderbolt 3 docks. It’s a bit tricky to activate hot plug, as follows:
  • Boot system without the dock connected, and log in.
  • Open IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to RP05.
  • Now plug the dock into either of the two Thunderbolt ports.
  • It won't work yet.
  • Wait 5-10 seconds.
  • Disconnect the Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel.
  • Connect Thunderbolt cable to the otherThunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It may not work yet either.
  • If it does not connect, remove Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel and connect it back to the first Thunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It should connect...
The controller may or may not wake from sleep.

Certainly. Just waiting on an LGA1700 bracket for Liquid Freezer II. ETA January 18. USB install disk with OpenCore EFI is ready.

Will install Monterey 12.1 directly because it supports RX 6600 XT. When everything is set up, the plan is to swap 6600 XT with the 6800 XT.

@CaseySJ

You might get an earlier delivery. I ordered the same bracket from Amazon about a week ago with your expected ship date range. I just got notification it has shipped "earlier than expected," and should be delivered this Wednesday.

Hopefully the Liquid Freezer II will do a better job cooling my i9-12900K under heavy load.
ETA on the LGA1700 bracket for Arctic Liquid Freezer II is now January 14, two days hence!

In Post 1 there’s a Thunderbolt section under “Tech Talk” in which we compare GC-Alpine Ridge, Titan Ridge and Maple Ridge. GC-Titan Ridge on Aero G wins the contest without question.
Sorry, I meant have you experimented with add-in cards on your new Asus z690 Pro Creator board.

I tested the V6 SSDT for GC-Maple Ridge yesterday (with the ACPI patch for _PTS to XPTS) successfully with two different Thunderbolt 3 docks. It’s a bit tricky to activate hot plug, as follows:
  • Boot system without the dock connected, and log in.
  • Open IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to RP05.
  • Now plug the dock into either of the two Thunderbolt ports.
  • It won't work yet.
  • Wait 5-10 seconds.
  • Disconnect the Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel.
  • Connect Thunderbolt cable to the otherThunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It may not work yet either.
  • If it does not connect, remove Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel and connect it back to the first Thunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It should connect...
The controller may or may not wake from sleep.
I'm not familiar with the _PTS to XPTS patch. How do I apply it? Thanks.

Curious if you've tried layout id 7?

Yes I did, but now that you mention it, I'll try it again!

Layout ID 7 is similar to 1 in that:
  • Front panel line out is okay
  • "Sub" port is okay
  • "Rear" port is okay
  • But green "Line Out" still silent

** AppleALC Layout ID Issue Resolved for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator **

Summary:
  • Asus Z690 ProArt Creator contains a Realtek ALC-S1220A audio codec, presumably Rev 0x100003.
  • AppleALC 1.6.9 (pre-release build; will be part of OpenCore 0.7.8 next month) adds support for this version.
  • Layout ID 8 is needed for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator (boot-arg alcid=8).
  • Rear Line Out and Front Audio jacks work.
  • However, rear "C/Sub" and "Rear" surround channels do not work (of no concern to me personally); a different Layout ID might activate them.
Credit: Andrey1970AppleLife (acidanthera)

This means that all known issues are resolved. Intel Bluetooth does not work in Monterey (but that's a problem with IntelBluetoothFirmware kext), but Fenvi FV-T919 is fully functional.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.38.58 AM.png

Back