Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

If you move the Logitech light speed receiver to another port such as a Blue or Red port, do you get the same problem?
  • Black ports are USB 2.0.
  • Blue ports are USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps).
  • Red ports are USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps).
    • Some red ones can also be USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps).
Other thoughts:
  • Is SSDT-GPRW.aml disabled? (It should be disabled.)
  • Do you have other USB devices? If so, do they wake-from-sleep properly after you press power button?
Thank you. Yup my mistake was SSDT-GPRW.aml was enabled along with the GPRW rename patch. Disabled both and its working!

** GC-Titan Ridge Update **

A flashed GC-Titan Ridge with NVM33 is working very well.
  • Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro hot plugs
  • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter hot plugs
  • Devices resume after wake-from-sleep
Here we see:
  • Belkin Dock being hot unplugged
  • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter being hot plugged
At this time the only recommended Thunderbolt adapter for Gigabyte Z690 Aero G is a Titan Ridge-based model. A flashed version is best. We are experiencing various compatibility issues with Alpine Ridge and Maple Ridge at the moment.

GC-Titan Ridge should be connected to motherboard with 5-pin Thunderbolt header.
View attachment 535304
View attachment 535305
With this nvm, are tb devices connected on cold boot? I just realized I have a flashed nvm 50.

Also I was wondering what your custom Maple Ridge SSDT v6 is doing… code seems very interesting. Will test later.

With this nvm, are tb devices connected on cold boot? I just realized I have a flashed nvm 50.
Yes, devices work on cold boot with NVM33!

Also I was wondering what your custom Maple Ridge SSDT v6 is doing… code seems very interesting. Will test later.
I’ll get back to Maple Ridge with SSDT V5 and V6 soon.

Found an issue with Flashed GC-Titan Ridge:
  • If Thunderbolt devices are connected and we put the system to sleep, it will wake up after a few seconds. Disconnecting all Thunderbolt devices allows sleep to work normally.
  • This happens with Wake from Thunderbolt set to either Enabled or Disabled in BIOS.

Please try this modified SSDT. Two issues fixed:
  • PCI0 changed to PC00
  • Device HRUS deleted
Alas you're on the (b)leading edge on this. The Thunderbolt procedure hasn't been finalized, but we're nearly there.

After rebooting, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.
WILL DO!!!!!

Please try this modified SSDT. Two issues fixed:
  • PCI0 changed to PC00
  • Device HRUS deleted
Alas you're on the (b)leading edge on this. The Thunderbolt procedure hasn't been finalized, but we're nearly there.

After rebooting, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.

@CaseySJ
1St tb port: Universal Audio Octo Satellite
2nd tb port: OWC thunderbolt 4 hub----->G-drive for SSD TB3 device

EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G-V3 in use.

Executed as instructed without success.
IORegistryExplorrer file attached.

Attachments

• Tonben Titian Ridge V2 Flashed.ioreg
    10.2 MB · Views: 48
@CaseySJ
1St tb port: Universal Audio Octo Satellite
2nd tb port: OWC thunderbolt 4 hub----->G-drive for SSD TB3 device

EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G-V3 in use.

Executed as instructed without success.
IORegistryExplorrer file attached.
The IOReg file indicates that the SSDT has not been applied properly. Let's take a look at screenshots of the following:
  • EFI/OC/ACPI folder in Finder after mounting EFI partition of macOS SSD
  • ACPI section in OpenCore Configurator after opening config.plist
Screenshots can be captured by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5. By default they will be saved to Desktop.

The IOReg file indicates that the SSDT has not been applied properly. Let's take a look at screenshots of the following:
  • EFI/OC/ACPI folder in Finder after mounting EFI partition of macOS SSD
  • ACPI section in OpenCore Configurator after opening config.plist
Screenshots can be captured by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5. By default they will be saved to Desktop.

@CaseySJ here are the requested files.

see attached....
EFI:OC:ACPI.png
config.plist:ACPI.png

@CaseySJ here are the requested files.

see attached....
The configuration looks okay. Let's try this:
  • In OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI section, click on SSDT-DTPG.aml and drag the row up so that it comes before SSDT-TB3-tonben.aml.
  • Reboot.
If Thunderbolt devices still don't hot plug, please open Terminal and type the following:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Back