Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The configuration looks okay. Let's try this:
  • In OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI section, click on SSDT-DTPG.aml and drag the row up so that it comes before SSDT-TB3-tonben.aml.
  • Reboot.
If Thunderbolt devices still don't hot plug, please open Terminal and type the following:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Attached is the bootlog.txt
Still no Thunderbolt function on boot or on hot plug.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    236 KB · Views: 64
Attached is the bootlog.txt
Still no Thunderbolt function on boot or on hot plug.
There is no mention of the Thunderbolt SSDT in this log, which means you’re probably booting from the wrong disk. Please check BIOS —> Boot to check if the boot priorities are correct. We can also press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen to choose the boot disk.

I disabled the first 'change mc__ to mchc' (DSDT), and only used the second one (that has a value in OEM table Id)(SSDT). And for that same patch, the second thing I did is to change the count from 0 to 1.

Perhaps that might work for you ? Not really sure honestly.
@dehjomz

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to disable just the first DSDT mc_to mchc and the first sleep/wake woke up fine. However, the second sleep/wake slept the monitor, but fans continued running. Waking from that state did not reboot.

I then changed the count from 0 to 1 as you suggested, and that led to a reboot on the second wake.

I will keep playing and monitoring the thread for further suggestions.

@dehjomz

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to disable just the first DSDT mc_to mchc and the first sleep/wake woke up fine. However, the second sleep/wake slept the monitor, but fans continued running. Waking from that state did not reboot.

I then changed the count from 0 to 1 as you suggested, and that led to a reboot on the second wake.

I will keep playing and monitoring the thread for further suggestions.
Changing the count from 0 to 1 is not recommended because 0 means "change all occurrences" and 1 means "change 1 occurrence and stop".

Some suggestions:
  • BIOS F6a recommended
  • Apply all 3 ACPI patches as they appear in V4 of the EFI in Post 1
  • Disconnect all Thunderbolt devices, but okay to leave Thunderbolt card installed
I remember the sleep issue with BIOS F13 on Gigabyte B550 Vision D! We never solved that mystery. You may be living in a No Sleep Zone! :)

Are you running BIOS F6a on the Z690 Aero G? If the problem persists, I'd like to examine the boot log as follows:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create bootlog.txt in Documents folder.
@CaseySJ

Yes, I'm using BIOS F6a. Attached is the bootlog.txt from my last Monterey boot.

This boot is with your ACPI patches. I have moved my simple keyboard and mouse to the front USB port instead of the USB switch plugged into a rear port.

Once I installed these patches I continue to get the error dialog on startup about an improper shutdown. I wasn't seeing that before adding the patches.

I will download your EFI v4 to check it out.

Thanks...

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    238.9 KB · Views: 48
@CaseySJ

Yes, I'm using BIOS F6a. Attached is the bootlog.txt from my last Monterey boot.

This boot is with your ACPI patches. I have moved my simple keyboard and mouse to the front USB port instead of the USB switch plugged into a rear port.

Once I installed these patches I continue to get the error dialog on startup about an improper shutdown. I wasn't seeing that before adding the patches.

I will download your EFI v4 to check it out.

Thanks...
Some comments:
  • The boot log looks correct. All 23 tables acquired and loaded.
  • There is a Thunderbolt card in the system. So it would be good to test sleep without any Thunderbolt devices connected.
    • There is no DROM specified in the SSDT:
Code:
 kernel: (IOThunderboltFamily) IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM - Error getting DROM from I/O Registry (0xe00002be)
  • The dialog about an improper shutdown occurs only from a reboot, but not from a shutdown. It actually happens with or without the ACPI patches.

** Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge for Z690 Platform **
@Inqnuam has uploaded a Thunderbolt SSDT for Z690 that can be used with GC-Titan Ridge. This is available from the HackinDROM website. A unique Thunderbolt ID (UID) will be generated each time the file is downloaded to ensure there are no duplicated UIDs.

Select the option: Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Z690 Platform

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 6.53.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 6.57.37 AM.png

The Thunderbolt SSDT has to be adapted for Z690 platform. I've asked @Inqnuam to upload a new GC-Titan Ridge SSDT that will work with Z590 and Z690 platforms that have HRUS device and PC00 instead of PCI0.

Meanwhile, please try attached version.
@CaseySJ

THANK YOU!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

The SSDT-TITAN-RIDGE-V1-NO-HS.aml file works perfectly for my Titan Ridge v1 card. Hot plug and also USB-C devices plugged into the ports work. System Information -> PCI also now shows the TB info.

All is good. Thank you.

There is no mention of the Thunderbolt SSDT in this log, which means you’re probably booting from the wrong disk. Please check BIOS —> Boot to check if the boot priorities are correct. We can also press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen to choose the boot disk.
I arrive at the studio today at 2:30p. I will at that time, verify for accuracy.

Tony.....

** Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge for Z690 Platform **
@Inqnuam has uploaded a Thunderbolt SSDT for Z690 that can be used with GC-Titan Ridge. This is available from the HackinDROM website. A unique Thunderbolt ID (UID) will be generated each time the file is downloaded to ensure there are no duplicated UIDs.

Select the option: Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge - Z690 Platform
pretty list of available controllers :)

Back