Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Wasn't sure about this, and read the whole thread without seeing mention of it - the fans don't show in SMC - is this normal? The board supports multiple fans, I wanted to up the speed on some of the system case fans, and gigabyte is really bad about finding documentation for their bios.

Mike

May I ask few silly question:
1. I am using BIOS F3, is it necessary to upgrade to F4,F6?
Yes we should upgrade because improvements have been made to memory compatibility.

2. Any way to change BIOS boot logo? Since Gigabyte Face wizard no longer works.
Maybe someone else can answer this...

3. Does the Boot-chime work ?
Unfortunately not at this time, but let's see if AudioDxe.efi supports USB audio in a future update.

I am having a Thunderbolt problem on my Windows 11 side. TB3 does not work. My Titan Ridge is flashed with NVM 33. TB3 is working fine in Monterey. The TB driver is loading in Windows but my drives do not attach. It was working with the flashed card so I'm pretty sure that's not the cause. Any ideas?
Update. This morning I started up my computer which directly booted into Windows and all my TB drives were detected and mounted. Rebooted and all gone again. Weird.

Update. This morning I started up my computer which directly booted into Windows and all my TB drives were detected and mounted. Rebooted and all gone again. Weird.
A flashed Thunderbolt card will be unreliable in Windows.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 3.42.37 PM.png

Yes we should upgrade because improvements have been made to memory compatibility.

Maybe someone else can answer this...

Unfortunately not at this time, but let's see if AudioDxe.efi supports USB audio in a future update.
I see...
Thank you very much !!

Hey @CaseySJ,

Do you know any way to disable some CPU C-States via openCore configuration?
I'm experiencing weird noise from mobo area (Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4), something like coil whine, but after investigating this for windows i've managed to disable C1E Enhanced Halt State and in Windows issue/noise disappeared. However while in Mac OS noise is back - sometimes only when i do mouse move, sometime remains constantly all the time. It looks like somehow openCore ignores this BIOS setting, is it possible? Maybe you can see any other reason why noise is back only in Mac OS?

@CaseySJ et al,

I'm looking to replace my old Apple iSight FireWire camera as I don't have enough PCI slots on this motherboard for my FW PCIe card.

The tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide has a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 listed. However, I think there are newer, better ones. C920X replaced it.

1644675968617.png

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-C920x-Pro-HD-Webcam/dp/B085TFF7M1

Please recommend a good video camera so I can FaceTime with my family and friends. TIA.

Please recommend a good video camera so I can FaceTime with my family and friends.
That one will work. Even says that it's Mac compatible below one image. It should easily do 1080p when you use it with Zoom or Skype for Mac. Not sure that it would only do 720p with Facetime as they state. Test it out and see.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Works in USB Video Device Class (UVC) mode with:

macOS 10.6 or later HD 720p on FaceTime for Mac or other supported video-calling clients; Full HD 1080p video recording with QuickTime Player.

Last edited:
Hi, I just want to know is the CCC bootable backup an incremental backup? I have a 2T SSD for macOS with about 1T data and just bought a 4T SATA SSD to build a longtime TM backup and then find your instruction. I think a bootable backup would be better, but if it's not an incremental backup I will consider buy another smaller one for it and keep using my 4T SSD on TM or return it.

Back