Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes the waking is not the problem. There is no immediate wake, that is me waking the computer from the DarkWake state when it fails to actually sleep. The problem is, the computer won’t go to sleep, it goes into a perpetual DarkWake state with lights on and spinning fans!
It sounds like it's either to do with your S3 Sleep settings in BIOS, or that your USB device map isn't properly set up, hence it causes the fans to spin at sleep. Also you may need need to take a look at Whatevergreen darkwake settings in the boot-arg.

It sounds like it's either to do with your S3 Sleep settings in BIOS, or that your USB device map isn't properly set up, hence it causes the fans to spin at sleep. Also you may need need to take a look at Whatevergreen darkwake settings in the boot-arg.
Thanks for your reply. When I boot from my backup drive, with a previous version of Big Sur, it sleeps fine, and has done up until I upgraded. No BIOS settings have been changed, and my USB map is properly configured. This has only started happening after a recent upgrade to a later version of Big Sur.

Could the “PN” in CSPNEvaluation be Power Nap? Doesn’t explain what the CS is though…

Indeed it could ... after more investigating (de-compiling the powerd process) i found that

CSPN = CoreServicePowerNap

44ab4407-6bb0-448f-afda-9f1facd3cf36.png

Have since found a way to stop these new wakes reasons in Sonoma

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
After more investigating (de-compiling the powerd process) i found that

CSPN = CoreServicePowerNap

Have since found a way to stop these new wakes reasons in Sonoma

Cheers
Jay

Good stuff :)

I get black screen after updating to Ventura 13.6. Any suggestions how it can be fixed/diagnosed?
Was working perfectly on Ventura 13.4.
Now I see Apple logo, it loads up, comes to the point where it should display login, but just black screen and monitor turns off.

UPDATE: Seems it happens when I enable VT-d. Disabled VT-d and now it goes past Apple logo.

Last edited:
Hi all,

What is the current recommended use NVMe for the Z490 Vision D?

I currently use 2 x Corsair MP600 1TB NVMe's and would like to upgrade to 2 x 2TB NVMe's.

Thanks
I use Western Digital 850X Black NVMe 2TB's and they have been great!

What are the solutions available to use Fenvi with Sonoma?

i have the same question
maybe:

Back