Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Anyone have any ideas why I lost i225-V connectivity under Catalina 10.15.7 with the recent OC 0.7.8 update?

I have the AQC 107 10 GbE v2 kernal patch enabled for my 10GbE card. Pretty much everything else is set per @CaseySJ.

Edit: Disregard. I reverted back to OC 0.7.7 and updated to 0.7.8 with Hackindrom now that the release version is out, and it's working again. Not sure what went wrong updating manually.

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI for Z490 Vision D and G **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.​
...​
Updated from HackinDROM, and it all went fine. Just a quick question, I see that you say 99% of users don't have the I-219 network port working but mine always worked and never went down. I always use your EFI for Intel and AMD and don't have issues with this port.

image.jpg

Desperately need some help here. Trying to clean install Monterey and all I get is this message. I've tried different disks, configs, smbios, everything imaginable.. and I get this everytime.

View attachment 541751
Desperately need some help here. Trying to clean install Monterey and all I get is this message. I've tried different disks, configs, smbios, everything imaginable.. and I get this everytime.
The first thing you would need to check is that your hard drive has been formatted in APFS format else it would fail.

The first thing you would need to check is that your hard drive has been formatted in APFS format else it would fail.
It is. I’ve been doing the Hackintosh thing since Sierra. This is the first time I’ve been truly stumped. Starting to think it may be a hardware issue

Are both of these drives installed internally? In other words, they are not on a USB port? YES, internally

Hi CaseySJ, thaks for getting back so quickly! Here are the responses.
Spinning hard drives can be slow as I'm sure you're aware. I recently transferred 5TB of data from an 8TB spinning hard drive to an 8TB SATA SSD. Can you guess how long that took even though I was reading from the spinning hard drive (which is generally faster than writing to it)? It took 23 hours. Yup!

In your case, you are writing to the spinning hard drive so 30 minutes for 80GB is not completely unreasonable.

Suggestion:
  • Run a disk speed check on the spinning hard drive using "Black Magic Disk Speed Test" that is freely available from the Mac App Store.
  • It will show Read and Write speeds. Feel free to let that utility run two or three read/write cycles, then post a screenshot of the speeds.

Updated from HackinDROM, and it all went fine. Just a quick question, I see that you say 99% of users don't have the I-219 network port working but mine always worked and never went down. I always use your EFI for Intel and AMD and don't have issues with this port.
The Intel i225-V 2.5GbE Ethernet port is the troublesome one! The Intel I-219 1GbE is okay.

Two suggestions (can be done at same time):
  • In Misc --> Security section of config.plist, set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
  • In NVRAM section of config.plist, change csr-active-config to 67000000.

Back