Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Does anyone test RX 6600/6600 Xt on 12.1 beta? It is said that these cards can be used without 3rd drivers.
Yes, I was able to get my Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT Eagle 8GB working on 12.1 beta. Using CaseySJ's oc 0.7.5 for z490 vision G (changed for smbios iMacPro1,1). I have to use "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg. The boot hangs at times, but I think that has to do with third party kexts installed on my system. I can take a picture of where it hangs if that’s helpful, just let me know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.21.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.21.45 PM.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.28.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.28.39 PM.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.36.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 8.36.16 PM.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 47
Yes, I was able to get my Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT Eagle 8GB working on 12.1 beta. Using CaseySJ's oc 0.7.5 for z490 vision G (changed for smbios iMacPro1,1). I have to use "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg. The boot hangs at times, but I think that has to do with third party kexts installed on my system. I can take a picture of where it hangs if that’s helpful, just let me know.
thank you for your info.
I think the rx 6600 can also work based on your experience.

No I'm only seeing my AppleTV and other airplay options, but not my iPad.

Edit. I am able to AirDrop to my iPad, so it is being detected.

Edit #2. Got it to work. Logged off and logged back in on iCloud for both devices and it showed up.
Glad you figured it out. We have this post in case others experience this problem:
It can also be referenced from Quick Reference spoiler at the top of the Z390 Designare thread.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.18.07 AM.png

Just fixed two things that weren't working in my build.

1. Sleep/Wake Up. My Corsair power supply USB cable was preventing the system to sleep properly, as indicated in the first post. I've disconnected it off the motherboard, now sleep/wake up works beautifully.

2. USB 2 devices not working on USB 3 ports after updating to Monterey. I've disabled XhciPortLimit in Kernel section of config.list and now the ports works perfectly.

EDIT: front USB 3 ports doesn't work, only USB 2

One more time, this forum is a blessing and CaseySJ our God :)

Last edited:
I'm having a strange quirk with my Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT card where every time I use heavy upload bandwidth on my wifi, it causes major dropouts on my bluetooth devices. Heavy download bandwidth has no effect though, so weird!

Just an observation to add to the reported quirks with the Fenvi, maybe someone else has experienced similar.

@CaseySJ I can confirm you that my 2,5 Gb Intel i-225V is working with the usual patch (BiG Sur 11.4+) even under Monterey ... I've just tested today with a test SSD drive.

Does it happen when it’s the -only- USB device plugged in? Are you using more than 15 ports? (XHC port limit patch in clover?)
Tentatively, I think this may be it. I had 2 hubs plugged in and even though I had less than 15 devices connected it seems the hubs were registering 18 ports. Testing it to see if it behaves normally now. Is the port limit higher in opencore?

Back