Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I can take a look at your config.plist -- simply remove serial numbers and post.
Apparently, it's not needed: The fact that I reached out for help must have scared it enough to function. I rebooted it, and it's been 100% ever since.

Apparently, yours is a name that strikes fear in the heart of misbehaving installations...

This build has been working flawlessly for me for a few years, but I just started having a weird USB issue where if I connect my Sequential Prophet Rev2 synth module via usb, within a few minutes it will kick several other USB devices off of my system and I can't reconnect them without a reboot. Specifically it kicks an external drive and my audio interface off. some other connected usb devices still work (including mouse and keyboard plugged into the same hub as the hard drive). Until last week the prophet never caused this issue. Tried rearranging ports and still happens. Still running mojave and clover and haven't updated either in a while. Is this potentially something that would be resolved updating and switching to opencore?

This build has been working flawlessly for me for a few years, but I just started having a weird USB issue where if I connect my Sequential Prophet Rev2 synth module via usb, within a few minutes it will kick several other USB devices off of my system and I can't reconnect them without a reboot. Specifically it kicks an external drive and my audio interface off. some other connected usb devices still work (including mouse and keyboard plugged into the same hub as the hard drive). Until last week the prophet never caused this issue. Tried rearranging ports and still happens. Still running mojave and clover and haven't updated either in a while. Is this potentially something that would be resolved updating and switching to opencore?
Are all of the devices plugged directly into the computer or though a hub?

Are all of the devices plugged directly into the computer or though a hub?
Mixed. some were on a hub and some direct. All but one are direct now and still happening

Mixed. some were on a hub and some direct. All but one are direct now and still happening
Are you able to take the hub out of the chain just for testing? If so, if it keeps happening, whittle the devices down one by one and see if a certain combination is the trigger.

Are you able to take the hub out of the chain just for testing? If so, if it keeps happening, whittle the devices down one by one and see if a certain combination is the trigger.
It's the Prophet Rev 2. only happens with that plugged in. doesn't matter which port it's on, hub or not. mostly wondering if a combination of an OSX update, BIOS update and/ or switching to opencore from clover could potentially fix a usb config issue

Does anyone test RX 6600/6600 Xt on 12.1 beta? It is said that these cards can be used without 3rd drivers.

I finally got myself one of these boards and have started my build today. Failed at the very first hurdle though, when I hit F12 at the bios screen, nothing appears to happen. It just sits at the Gigabyte logo. Is there something simple that I could have missed? My USB stick is working fine in my other PC.

Back