Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Today, I got my Motherboard.

I started with updating Mobo to F5. And edit the EFI file for usage.
I have couple of problems. I inserted two GPU, RX 580 and GT 710. Only GT 710 giving display output. Can I get help for this?

A friend, nicely warn me to told this detail:
HW: Z490 VD, i5 10600K, MSI Armor RX 580 8GB, Asus GT 710 (fanless).
SW: EFI (the one from this Golden Guide, I will share my branch with GitHub Repo), Catalina with pure install.

Hackintool says:
View attachment 519577

Which is not true. I have 5 ports. I injected my configuration for RX 580 that I tweaked carefully. But, it still is wrong.

If I connect display to the RX 580, it remains gray. Constantly. But, I know that there is a running OS, that I can connect from my MBP.

I can confirm that the card is working REALLY great. I tested it with GeekBench 5 and it gives me a great score in both, Metal and OpenCL.
View attachment 519585

And I attached my IOreg dump. All helps are very welcome!

@jaymonkey, sir, can I manage this or should I abandon this approach?
Because a few messages ago, they told me it's possible. But I couldn't manage it to work.
We should generally start with a basic configuration, get it stabilized, and then add to it as necessary. So please try this:
  • Remove the Nvidia GT710
  • Install RX 580 into the top x16 slot
  • In BIOS, set Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot
  • Connect monitor to RX 580 (any HDMI or DisplayPort connector)
  • Do not use any video converters or adapters; use straight HDMI-to-HDMI or DP-to-DP connections at first
  • Does everything work as expected?
  • If so, then shutdown and flip power switch on PSU to OFF position
  • Install Nvidia GT 710 into the next available long slot
  • Connect second monitor to GT 710
  • Boot the system
  • Primary display will be the monitor connected to RX 580
  • Do both monitors turn on when macOS is booted?

Last edited:
We should generally start with a basic configuration, get it stabilized, and then add to it as necessary. So please try this:
That's exactly my approach. I can boot my Hack with disabling GT710 with OpenCore. And I have a little bit issues on sleep/wake. But I know I can solve it. My main problem is running two cards for my work.

My problem is, my hack is running perfectly fine if I connect my display to the Nvidia card. If I plug display into AMD, computer is going to be glitchy and SO SLOW, so, if I run with display on Nvidia, I can calculate things with AMD card. But I want the reversed situation. I want to run a display with RX 580 and combo calculation with Nvidia.

I tried various combinations and/or;
- Swapping slots.
- Various number of SMBIOS.
- Disabling Igpu.

Here is my PCI list:
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 17.19.29.png

I can say that, disabling GPU is gives me a fluent computer. But I need this card.
How can I provide information for this problem?

That's exactly my approach. I can boot my Hack with disabling GT710 with OpenCore. And I have a little bit issues on sleep/wake. But I know I can solve it. My main problem is running two cards for my work.

My problem is, my hack is running perfectly fine if I connect my display to the Nvidia card. If I plug display into AMD, computer is going to be glitchy and SO SLOW, so, if I run with display on Nvidia, I can calculate things with AMD card. But I want the reversed situation. I want to run a display with RX 580 and combo calculation with Nvidia.

I tried various combinations and/or;
- Swapping slots.
- Various number of SMBIOS.
- Disabling Igpu.

Here is my PCI list:
View attachment 519663
I can say that, disabling GPU is gives me a fluent computer. But I need this card.
How can I provide information for this problem?
The GT710 is a very old GPU. I do understand that new GPUs are very difficult to find and very expensive, but there are numerous posts about people using two RX 580s successfully or two 5700 XTs or two Radeon VIIs. If you can get by with just RX 580 for now, that might be worth considering.

There appears to be support for our I225-V device ID (0x15F3), but the right driver does not load. Perhaps macOS is looking for some other qualifying Device Properties. I tried setting subsystem-device-id to 0x106B (Apple), but still no luck. (The Broadcom Bluetooth module also sets subsystem-device-id to 0x106B.)

View attachment 519657
Have you tried setting vendor-id 8086?

Have you tried setting vendor-id 8086?
vendor-id is already 8086.

Because real Macs don't come with 2.5GbE Ethernet ports (they come with 1GbE and 10GbE) I wonder if we can connect an external i225-V device (with ID 0x15F3) to a real Mac and grab the IOReg output? If so, which make/model?

The GT710 is a very old GPU. I do understand that new GPUs are very difficult to find and very expensive, but there are numerous posts about people using two RX 580s successfully or two 5700 XTs or two Radeon VIIs. If you can get by with just RX 580 for now, that might be worth considering.
If I have any chance to make this setup alive, I have to go with it.

Is there any information that I can supply to solve it? Because as I said, if I run display from Nvidia (I am running, now), I can use Rx 580 for calculation. But I need the other situation. I need RX 580 to run my display.

Last edited:
Anyone having the same login screen background issue as me on 11.4? I was using the 11.4 beta up until now, and my chosen desktop background has always been the background of the login screen after the loading screen. Just updated to the official 11.4 release and now my login screen is the standard multicolour Big Sur background, and it changes to my desktop background when I log into my account.

Hi, all! Unfortunately, my Windows was working 100% fine ,but is now crashing following an update.
I have an install key. Should I remove all HD except the one where Windows has been installed, or does this previous install will prevent from putting the mess?
Accessing the SSD NVMe means removing the GC. Removing the GC means removing the RAM :(

Thanks for advice !

Hi, all! I'm following this build. However, I was thinking of bumping up to the i7-10700. Would the Shadow Rock 3 cooler still be sufficient or would it need something else? I saw an article showing peak power draw is over 200w.

Hi! Has anyone tried the Corsair Commander Pro fix posted elsewhere?

I have added the CommanderProFix.kext to the kext folder and inserted an entry in to my config.plist. But the kext isn’t running for some reason as indicated by Hackintool and HackinDROM.

Any ideas what may be the cause?

TIA.

Back