Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I don't understand why you ignore the question. But I think it is obvious. Can't I use another m.2 port for my bcm94360ng card?
Guys, if you don't help me, I will return that motherboard. I think it's my only motivation to get this in the first place.

I don't think anyone ignored your question. You asked one and it was answered. Asking it again does not change the answer.

Does your H270N ITX motherboard have another M.2 socket? On the back-side maybe? The Gigabyte web-site seems to say it only has one with the wireless card in it as default. Usually if it is a CNVI slot, it can only accept Intel Wireless cards, but if your motherboard is different then you can use the slot for other purposes.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't understand why you ignore the question. But I think it is obvious. Can't I use another m.2 port for my bcm94360ng card?
Guys, if you don't help me, I will return that motherboard. I think it's my only motivation to get this in the first place.
It might work in a different M.2 slot, but only WiFi. Bluetooth will absolutely not work because it requires an internal connection to an internal USB port. We can alternatively install the BCM94360NG onto a PCIe card and install the card in an available PCIe slot. These PCIe adapters provide a USB header cable for Bluetooth. Click here for an example.

However, have you seen the posts in this thread about using OpenIntelWireless drivers for the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module? It's not perfect, but you will get WiFi and Bluetooth with the Intel module. Most Handoff/Continuity features won't work, but plain old WiFi and Bluetooth will.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It might work in a different M.2 slot, but only WiFi. Bluetooth will absolutely not work because it requires an internal connection to an internal USB port. We can alternatively install the BCM94360NG onto a PCIe card and install the card in an available PCIe slot. These PCIe adapters provide a USB header cable for Bluetooth. Click here for an example.
That's the unique information. Thank you very much!
I don't think anyone ignored your question. You asked one and it was answered. Asking it again does not change the answer.
Same topic and different question. Sorry to bothering you.

However, have you seen the posts in this thread about using OpenIntelWireless drivers for the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module? It's not perfect, but you will get WiFi and Bluetooth with the Intel module. Most Handoff/Continuity features won't work, but plain old WiFi and Bluetooth will.
Yeah, I have a little experiences with this driver. But I have pods. I want native experiences.

Does your H270N ITX motherboard have another M.2 socket? On the back-side maybe?
I have replaced the card with the native one. The original card from MOBO was working fine on Wifi but no luck with BT for Pods. And in a GitHub issue, the problem is looking bad and no solution in near time. Then I migrate to native card.

I am looking for the PCI converter for my NGFF card. But, I'm wondering, can I install two native graphics cards into this setup? One for display, one for calculation, like ML or other kinds of stuff?

I have MSI RX 580 and Asus GT 710. I think, both are supported natively.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking for the PCI converter for my NGFF card. But, I'm wondering, can I install two native graphics cards into this setup? One for display, one for calculation, like ML or other kinds of stuff?

And if so, I can test and simply write a guide for this situation. I can contribute the community.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Yes both cards can be installed at the same time. But some applications will pick one card or the other based on their name (alphabetically) and other applications might give you the option to choose a GPU.

So although you can install multiple GPUs, the trick is to get your apps to choose the right card.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes both cards can be installed at the same time. But some applications will pick one card or the other based on their name (alphabetically) and other applications might give you the option to choose a GPU.
Thank you so much!

So although you can install multiple GPUs, the trick is to get your apps to choose the right card.
I think, that's the problem for general usage. But I think I can manage it with computational programming tools. They might give me some kind of selection.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.8.0
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Thank you so much!

I think, that's the problem for general usage. But I think I can manage it with computational programming tools. They might give me some kind of selection.

Apologies. My misunderstanding.

I thought we were talking about an H270N-WiFi motherboard (which only has one PCIe slot, and I thought a GT710 was occupying that).

If you have a new motherboard - Z490 as per the thread etc. - perhaps update your profile. Just to keep me sane. o_O

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you have a new motherboard - Z490 as per the thread etc. - perhaps update your profile. Just to keep me sane. o_O
My apologies. I have updated it.

I thought we were talking about an H270N-WiFi motherboard (which only has one PCIe slot, and I thought a GT710 was occupying that).
I am sick of trying to maintain my own hardware. It requires lots of effort that I cannot have. Today, I ordered this card.

I have some components from old hack. 1200W PSU, 24GB 2400MHz Ram, RX 580 and GT 710, CPU cooler etc. When I get my components -my MOBO and CPU- I will write a simple, mini guide if I success or not. So I can contribute the community.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
No, I didn't do anything. I tried the TB3-SSDT that @CaseySJ provided, but that stopped the computer from shutting off. Only thing is that i turn on all the devices before turning on the computer. That's it.
Sounds good, picking up the board. Which OC version did you use and are there any other steps I need to get the Apollo Twin MKii to recognize that you can remember? Do you use UAD 9.14.1 drivers?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

Is sleep still failing on the Vision G? Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.