Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This works surprisingly well. On my AMD B550 Vision D I connected internal Bluetooth to an external USB port via this cable (for experimental purposes). Sleep/Wake still worked!
Yup. They've saved me alot of trouble over the years.

There's also internal USB2 hubs that also work too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KK8HP5P/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have this guy hooked up in my rig right now to connect my cooler, rgb fan controllers, etc., sleep/wake works well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Thanks, guys! I just ordered one.
On a separate note, I have some USB devices that I am only using for Windows. I am thinking of putting a windows-only compatible PCIe USB card, and plug all the USB devices that are not needed for Mac. Do you think this will work? Will I need to use some sort of SSDT to disable one of the PCIe slots (I am thinking the bottom most)? I am wondering if this will create any sleep issue. Or should I go with Mac compatible USB card like Inateck and disable it via boot arg?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K OC @ 5.2GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I already have this one, but this will still be using the internal hub and I would not be able to disable individual port, correct?
Good question. I think so, the root USB port will still be that of the motherboard's internal USB hub (e.g., HS12 in my case), so I don't think you can disable one of the individual ports of the hub in the link.

In my case, the offending device that was causing sleep/wake issues was the Fenvi's bluetooth controller, so rather than connect it to the internal USB hub, I just connected it to an external port via the internal-to-external USB cable, and set that port to 'Internal.' And voila no more sleep issues.

I've used that same Fenvi card on another motherboard's internal USB hub for years without issue, so I don't know what to make of it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I've updated to 11.3.1 and it's borked my usb configuration and I've lost bluetooth with my Fenvi card

@CaseySJ I've tried both of your latest amls (V2 and V3) but neither are working for me.

What's weirding me out is I seem to have gained additional port names that I've never seen before!

Any idea what xx01 --> xx04 are?

This is my current port configuration using the V3 SSDT

Any help appreciated as I seem to be going around in circles on this one.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 19.44.26.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I've updated to 11.3.1 and it's borked my usb configuration and I've lost bluetooth with my Fenvi card

@CaseySJ I've tried both of your latest amls (V2 and V3) but neither are working for me.

What's weirding me out is I seem to have gained additional port names that I've never seen before!

Any idea what xx01 --> xx04 are?

This is my current port configuration using the V3 SSDT

Any help appreciated as I seem to be going around in circles on this one.
Hello @crossmoid,

I'm unable to see the screenshot, but if you're using Hackintool, be sure to click Clear All and then Refresh. When using V3 of the USB SSDT, please check that XhciPortLimit is disabled in the Kernel section of config.plist.
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.36.37 PM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new OpenIntelWireless build was released earlier today. If you're using the 2.0.0-alpha driver simply download the latest version, rename the file, and replace the existing file in OC/Kexts.

How to rename files:
  • After downloading the Big Sur version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
  • After downloading the Catalina version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • After downloading the Mojave version, rename it to AirportItlwm-Mojave.kext
Click here for more detailed instructions (if needed).

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.54.18 PM.png

UPDATE: This build seems to drop WiFi connections regularly. Not recommended.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @crossmoid,

I'm unable to see the screenshot, but if you're using Hackintool, be sure to click Clear All and then Refresh. When using V3 of the USB SSDT, please check that XhciPortLimit is disabled in the Kernel section of config.plist.
View attachment 518878
Thanks Casey, ill give it a try when I get home tonight and I've re-attached the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 19.44.26.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 19.44.26.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 13
Motherboard
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
@CaseySJ Hello, I've gotten my MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC with Titan Ridge 2.0 working with a UA Apollo Twin 2 MKII. I modified a Gigabyte B550 SSDT and compiled through from HackinDROM. The only changes I made were PT 20->PT24 and GPP1->GPP2 in the SSDT then compiled and enabled in config.plist.

After a reboot, Thunderbolt appeared in the PCI section of system profiler. When I rebooted and turned on Apollo, I saw it showed up in PCI and worked.

Now, once I had to turn off the computer and rebooted, the Apollo shows up in verbose (in the middle of screenshots). The UA Apollo doesn't show up or detected by UAD meter. It's off how it suddenly stopped working after a reboot. And it shows up in verbose.

Also TbtForcePower.efi causes freeze before bootloader. Do you think it has to do with power? I flashed titan ridge 2.0 with NVM23 firmware.

Thanks

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Reboot with SSDT.png
    Reboot with SSDT.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Second reboot.png
    Second reboot.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 8
  • EFI.zip