Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please check if CFG-Lock is disabled in BIOS —> Boot.
Thanks that did it - i am on BIOS f6 so didn’t check I do get this message on startup . Also iMessage doesn’t seem to work (it starts to work and then stops ) the serial number isn’t valid when I check it .

Attachments

• 62B59688-F84A-49F2-87FD-3660A890AC81.jpeg
    62B59688-F84A-49F2-87FD-3660A890AC81.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
Thanks that did it - i am on BIOS f6 so didn’t check I do get this message on startup .
This means your config.plist is from 0.6.5 but you’re booting with 0.6.6. To fix, open the config.plist in OpenCore Configurator version 2.27.0.0 and check the title bar to ensure it is set for “0.6.6 Release Version”. Then save the file.

Also iMessage doesn’t seem to work (it starts to work and then stops ) the serial number isn’t valid when I check it .
The serial number (system serial #) is supposed to be non-valid. That means no real Mac is using that same serial. Have a read of the iDiot's guide to iMessage first and post any questions about it in the how to fix imessage guide. It takes getting every thing set correctly for iMessage to work.

Excellent link. This problem is especially serious for FileVault users.
It sucks when Apple’s own OS bugs are worse than malware.

Same with Microsoft and the constant issues with Windows 10 automatic updates causing blue screen errors. Recently, a windows update introduced a thunderbolt error that would cause blue screens when resuming from sleep with a thunderbolt device attached. I experienced that error.

most viruses we hear about don’t do this.

If there are multiple disks in the system and hence multiple EFI partitions, we should first make sure that we're booting from the correct EFI partition. In BIOS, simply set Boot Priority #1 to the name of the primary macOS SSD. If Boot Priority #1 is currently "OpenCore", change it to the name of the primary macOS SSD. On the next reboot this will change to "OpenCore", which is OKAY. Then check if SIP is enabled (0x00000000).

The -v flag to boot-args applies only to macOS. If all the SSDTs in your OC/APCI folder are checking for "Darwin" then we may need to defer this problem while we scratch our heads for other solutions! ;)
Not all of them are checking for Darwin. Those SSDTs are the ones found in the OC releases that you publish on the first page. For each new OC release I overwrite my SSDTs with the new ones. The ones checking for Darwin are:
- SSDT-AWAC
- SSDT-EC
- SSDT-GPRW
- SSDT-PLUG
- SSDT-SBUS-MCHC
- SSDT-TB3HP
- SSDT-USBW

The one not checking for Darwin is SSDT-DTPG. should it be?
Regarding csr, you were righht, it was booting from the wrong OC, the clone one. Thanks again

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

We got error-38 Thunderbolt notifications on two of our Z490 systems.
-38 errors indicate UAD Thunderbolt communication to hardware issues.

As a result, we have now joined the "Dark Side" :wave:.
NVM-50 has been flashed.

I have created a custom TB SSDT and placed it with-in the EFI/ACPI folder however,
I do not understand how to, or the concept of adding a new entry in config.plist for the created .aml file.

I must state that both systems are once more stable.

Would someone kindly point me to the relevant process for adding the required entry?

Help??????:crazy:

Tony.

Hello Everyone,

We got error-38 Thunderbolt notifications on two of our Z490 systems.
-38 errors indicate UAD Thunderbolt communication to hardware issues.

As a result, we have now joined the "Dark Side" :wave:.
NVM-50 has been flashed.

I have created a custom TB SSDT and placed it with-in the EFI/ACPI folder however,
I do not understand how to, or the concept of adding a new entry in config.plist for the created .aml file.

I must state that both systems are once more stable.

Would someone kindly point me to the relevant process for adding the required entry?

Help??????:crazy:

Tony.
Please see the section, “Explanation of Selected OpenCore Parameters” in Post #1. Look at the very first screenshot in the spoiler in that section and press “+” button at the lower right of the window to add a new entry.

Please see the section, “Explanation of Selected OpenCore Parameters” in Post #1. Look at the very first screenshot in the spoiler in that section and press “+” button at the lower right of the window to add a new entry.
@CaseySJ Why, thank you so very much kind Sir.

I will attempt in a few hours and report.

Tony.

Hi all,

today I just got my 6800 XT and replaced my 5600 xt just for fun and see what happened. I simply swapped the card and plugged in my monitor on the DP port of the 6800 XT. Upon boot, blank screen. Not even the gigabyte logo. Tried the 2 DP but still the same issue. Eventually tried the HDMI port and it was ok. Of course once macos was loaded, no acceleration and the video card was detected as having 31MB of RAM.
Anyway my question is more about why I could not get a signal on boot on the DP port? any suggestion?
Thanks

Hi all,

today I just got my 6800 XT and replaced my 5600 xt just for fun and see what happened. I simply swapped the card and plugged in my monitor on the DP port of the 6800 XT. Upon boot, blank screen. Not even the gigabyte logo. Tried the 2 DP but still the same issue. Eventually tried the HDMI port and it was ok. Of course once macos was loaded, no acceleration and the video card was detected as having 31MB of RAM.
Anyway my question is more about why I could not get a signal on boot on the DP port? any suggestion?
Thanks
I experienced something similar when swapping video cards several months ago. In my case the system either refused to POST or refused to output video. It seemed to me that once a GPU has been installed, this motherboard does not react well if that GPU is replaced. I recall having to re-flash the BIOS with no AMD GPU installed and monitor connected to iGPU, then install the new AMD GPU. This may not work for every situation, but it’s worth a try.

Back