Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@emistral I have that too and it works fine when I boot on BS11,2
Yes, so far my system is OK. I have not updated to 0.6.6, yet, but I wonder if this file under this folder could be the cause of Windows 10 crashing within a couple of second after having selected windows from the OC picker. I had this issue since 0.6.2. Maybe this folder has always been there and never back it up and only started to back it up in 0.6.4

@CaseySJ I am just about to update OC to 0.6.6 and realised that under the EFI fodler, apart from the BOOT and OC folders I also have an APPLE folder and inside that folder a subfolder labelled FIRMWARE and in that folder there is one file labelled IM191.fd
I noticed this APPLE folder a while ago but forgot to ask on this forum if it was normal to have such folder. I have kept a copy of my EFI since 0.6.1 and this APPLE folder only started to appear in 0.6.4.

That is quite normal and can be ignored. It has been pointed out a number of times in this, and other, threads.

Any drive formatted as HFS in Disk Utility will be affected, particularly when used in RAID.
View attachment 507907
Ok that’s clear.

There is only one thing that bugs me.

When this problem started, I had my 960 EVO as bootdrive.

I removed all my other NVMe drives and all the PCIe devices. The only thing left was my 960 EVO, CPU, GPU and memory. But the problem was still there.

Some time later I cloned my 960 EVO to my Intel NVMe drive and replaced the OpenHfsPlus with the HfsPlus version. And the problem was gone.

But if the only problem was the HFS+ structure the 960 EVO should have booted. Because the Intel was a clone from the 960 EVO. So the Intel and 960 are identical in structure and partitions. Is it me or should the 960 have booted when it did not?

Please do a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). CMOS Reset procedure is in the Gigabyte user manual. It can be done with a flathead screw driver by momentarily shorting the two designated pins on motherboard.

Then boot OpenCore 0.6.6 and check if the IntelBluetoothFirmware kext is loading.
Doing CMOS reset worked for loading of IntelBluetoothFirmware kext. But, when I try to boot Win10 from OpenCore, it gives attached error message. But it can boots Win10 with Windows boot manager.
What should I do to fix Win10 boot problem? Should I make fresh Win10 installation?

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Ok that’s clear.

There is only one thing that bugs me.

When this problem started I had my 960 EVO as bootdrive.

I removed all my other NVMe drives and all the PCIe devices. The only thing left was my 960 EVO, CPU, GPU and memory. But the problem was still there.

Some time later I cloned my 960 EVO to my Intel NVMe drive and replaced the OpenHfsPlus with the HfsPlus version. And the problem was gone.

But if the only problem was the HFS+ structure the 960 EVO should have booted. Because the Intel was a clone from the 960 EVO. So the Intel and 960 are identical in structure and partitions. Is it me or should the 960 have booted when it did not?
Only one way to find out!

Doing cmos reset worked for loading of IntelBluetoothFirmware kext but when i try to boot win10 from opencore it gives attached error message. But it can boots win10 with windows boot manager.
What should i do to fix win10 boot problem? Should i make fresh win10 installation?
Note to all: When posting a camera photo please (a) resize image down to about 1024 or 1280 pixels and (b) remove EXIF location information. It is wasteful of network bandwidth and server storage to post 11MB photos.

The Windows boot problem might be due to missing “if _OSI (“Darwin”))” statement in the Intel Wireless USB SSDT. Will look into it shortly.

In other news, you may be interested to know Gigabyte has a new 400 series board for Intel Xeons and Intel 10th Gen called the W480 Vision D...

> https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-w480-vision-d/single-page.html
Unfortunately only the TechPowerUp review is new, but not the board! :) We already Hacked it back in September 2020...

With unflashed firmware my Blackmagic UltraStudio recorder3g would not get recognized .. ever.. with the flashed firmware is does get recognized, but only if i plug it in before booting. I was hoping to get hotplug working aswell. TB3 or even if just for usb3 devices.. now the ports are useless unless I have something plugged in before boot. Is that possible with this mobo ?
Okay so you are justified in flashing the firmware. Hot plug works for most devices, but there is always the possibility of encountering a misbehaving device. On the flashed Z490 Vision D, my eGPU and Thunderbolt 3 dock are able to hot plug.

Do you have any other Thunderbolt devices?

@CaseySJ I am just about to update OC to 0.6.6 and realised that under the EFI fodler, apart from the BOOT and OC folders I also have an APPLE folder and inside that folder a subfolder labelled FIRMWARE and in that folder there is one file labelled IM191.fd
I noticed this APPLE folder a while ago but forgot to ask on this forum if it was normal to have such folder. I have kept a copy of my EFI since 0.6.1 and this APPLE folder only started to appear in 0.6.4.
The APPLE folder is created when we update macOS. It contains firmware update files for real Macs. Because your system name is “iMac19,1” you can see that macOS copied the corresponding firmware file “IM191.fd” to your EFI partition.

This file is completely benign and may be kept there indefinitely. It can also be deleted to recover disk space.

Last edited:
Hi all and of course Hi @CaseySJ :)
I am trying to install a fresh copy of Catalina on a dedicated SSD. I am currently working on BS 11.2 perfectly fine.
I prepared a Catalina key and added the OC bootloader used to boot for BS (OC0.65).
When I start the machine and try to boot from the key i am stucked on the Apple logo :(
After enabling the verbose here is the message I get:
"opencore prelink patcher for com.apple.driver Apple HIDK keyboard not found"
I don't understand what's happening and how to solve it as the EFI is exactly the same.
Your help is as usual appreciated ;-)
Cheers
I think that error message is unrelated; it seems to be due to the two kernel patches we’re using to map F1 and F2 keys for brightness control. I will remove them with the next OpenCore release.

Are you installing Catalina on the same system as Big Sur, but to a different SSD?

Back