Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

When I want to boot into 0.6.5, I use my Installation USB that has 0.6.5 on it.

If I try to boot from 0.6.6, this USB drive is removed before starting the computer.

*EDITED*

P.S. My USB installer (0.6.5) EFI partition doesn't include the file, either.

When I want to boot into 0.6.5, I use my Installation USB that has 0.6.5 on it.

If I try to boot from 0.6.6, this USB drive is removed before starting the computer.

*EDITED*

P.S. My USB installer (0.6.5) EFI partition doesn't include the file, either.
Only other thing I can think of is to set LauncherOption to Disabled from the Misc --> Boot section of OpenCore Configurator (for OpenCore 0.6.6).

You may have to stay on OpenCore 0.6.5 for the time being. Hopefully 0.6.7 will address this problem in first week of March.

Only other thing I can think of is to set LauncherOption to Disabled from the Misc --> Boot section of OpenCore Configurator (for OpenCore 0.6.6).

You may have to stay on OpenCore 0.6.5 for the time being. Hopefully 0.6.7 will address this problem in first week of March.
Unfortunately it did not work. I guess I'm stuck at 0.6.5 for the moment. Hope this will be addressed in 0.6.7.

Unfortunately it did not work. I guess I'm stuck at 0.6.5 for the moment. Hope this will be addressed in 0.6.7.
By the way, are any of your drives formatted as HFS? Or they are all APFS?

It may also be a good idea to report your issue with supporting log files (OpenCore debug log files) here.

My Raid 0 is HFS+ with journal. Would that be any problem?
In OpenCore 0.6.6 I replaced HfsPlus.efi (Apple's own) with OpenHfsPlus.efi (first version from Acidanthera), which is about 3x slower than HfsPlus and lacks some security features. I may have to switch back to HfsPlus.

Meanwhile please copy HfsPlus.efi from the OpenCore 0.6.5 "Drivers" folder to the OpenCore 0.6.6 "Drivers" folder. Then use OpenCore Configurator to:
  • Delete the entry for OpenHfsPlus.efi
  • Add an entry for HfsPlus.efi
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.35.24 PM.png

In OpenCore 0.6.6 I replaced HfsPlus.efi (Apple's own) with OpenHfsPlus.efi (first version from Acidanthera), which is about 3x slower than HfsPlus and lacks some security features. I may have to switch back to HfsPlus.

Meanwhile please copy HfsPlus.efi from the OpenCore 0.6.5 "Drivers" folder to the OpenCore 0.6.6 "Drivers" folder. Then use OpenCore Configurator to:
  • Delete the entry for OpenHfsPlus.efi
  • Add an entry for HfsPlus.efi
View attachment 507888
YESSSS!!! That was it! I'm posting this from 0.6.6 with my 970 EVO Plus Raid 0 still installed.

This proofs once again that you are the best!!

If you need me to test a new version for you. Just let me know! I'm more than happy to help you.

YESSSS!!! That was it! I'm posting this from 0.6.6 with my 970 EVO Plus Raid 0 still installed.

This proofs once again that you are the best!!

If you need me to test a new version for you. Just let me know! I'm more than happy to help you.
Glad to hear it!! That was quite a journey.

In a moment I will remove OpenHfsPlus.efi from all three OpenCore 0.6.6 Zips and replace it with HfsPlus.efi.
  • Z490 Vision D
  • Z390 Designare
  • B550 Vision D

Glad to hear it!! That was quite a journey.

In a moment I will remove OpenHfsPlus.efi from all three OpenCore 0.6.6 Zips and replace it with HfsPlus.efi.
  • Z490 Vision D
  • Z390 Designare
  • B550 Vision D
I think that would be wise for the time being.

There must be more people crazy like me by using only Samsung NVMe drives.

If you need me to test a future release of the OpenHfsPlus just let me know.

I think that would be wise for the time being.

There must be more people crazy like me by using only Samsung NVMe drives.

If you need me to test a future release of the OpenHfsPlus just let me know.
The problem is actually with HFS Plus drives, particularly when used in RAID. Samsung drives are OKAY.

Back