Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes, they are enabled
And also sleep issue. I press Sleep and sceen in turning off, after few seconds PC also turning off, i can "wake up" using keyboard. But PC is not sleeping, instead of waking up it's rebooting and i have error in Mac Os that PC rebooted due to error. Can deleting of com.apple.PowerManagement files in /Library/Preferences/ help?
Looks like this Fenvi card creating so many issues (i added this card after install) if this could help me :(
Please try the suggestions in this post:
I have five Fenvi FV-T919 cards and every one of them is perfect. Maybe the problems you're facing are due to non-USA version of the card?

Have you tried removing the Fenvi to check if sleep/wake problems disappear when the card is not installed?

Hey Tony,

Sorry to hear you're having issues mate.

I too was having problems with my interface (RME FF802) similar to what you're describing. I work in Logic Pro X exclusively and was experiencing random glitches/dropouts (typical to the type of clocking issues you stated). I only work at 96kHz so can't speak for other sample rates at least on my system.

I fixed my issue by re-arranging the PCI-E cards internally and switching 'Bifurcation' in BIOS to 'Auto'. I also disabled all of the intel speedstep/thermal states nonsense as I want 5Ghz overclock all the time (system is watercooled).

My interface isn't thunderbolt but it might be worth a shot your end as you never know? I'm pretty certain it was the BIOS option that sorted mine out and it now runs flawlessly on large projects with loads of native & UAD-2 plugins on the go.

Good luck!

Best,

Tom

@hughythomas - would you be willing to share your final efi. I have my Hackintosh working but still can’t get iMessage working. I’ve use @CaseySJ guide but I feel I must be doing something wrong in my conversion to the Visio g board I have. Thanks for any help you can provide. I’ve checked out your other advise and nothing has helped fix my problem.

I have five Fenvi FV-T919 cards and every one of them is perfect. Maybe the problems you're facing are due to non-USA version of the card?

Have you tried removing the Fenvi to check if sleep/wake problems disappear when the card is not installed?
@CaseySJ With Fenvi or without same story, first monitor is turning off. After 30 seconds, I see that all fans stop spinning. When I try to wake by my Logitech keyboard - PC just starting to boot from bios to picker.
I tried to delete this Apple Power Management in Preferences, reset NVRAM, played with c states in BIOS, still PC is just starting from zero. I also checked using some command which I found if something preventing sleep
And tried to boot and sleep only with mouse plugged in to USB 2
IMG_0479.jpg

And your instruction about Sidecar and Continuity worked. Only one thing, i have to restart Ipad, iphone and pc like few times and in one moment i got sidecar connected without wire. Before even with Wire i has been getting device timed out error with sidecar and take photo from iphone or ipad

Last edited:
Yes, they are enabled
And also sleep issue. I press Sleep and sceen in turning off, after few seconds PC also turning off, i can "wake up" using keyboard. But PC is not sleeping, instead of waking up it's rebooting and i have error in Mac Os that PC rebooted due to error. Can deleting of com.apple.PowerManagement files in /Library/Preferences/ help?
Looks like this Fenvi card creating so many issues (i added this card after install) if this could help me :(

This sounds similar to my problem even though I'm not able to wake the system up using my keyboard after it turned off. I contacted Gigabyte about it and will keep you informed.

Do you have similar issues in Windows 10?

Maybe i am wrong about sleep, because instant error confused me.
So i am opening few programs (for exaple i opened specific photo) and press sleep. PC looks like turning off and instantly going back on, in picker i select mac os, i have my programms opened, but photos app is on first screen. I am seeing message that PC restarted due to error. Worst thing that PC just not sleeping, something triggers wake up instantly, and this happening on on MacOS, no issues with Windows

Last edited:
This sounds similar to my problem even though I'm not able to wake the system up using my keyboard after it turned off. I contacted Gigabyte about it and will keep you informed.

Do you have similar issues in Windows 10?
There is very strange behavior in macOS. But, when I tried to sleep in Windows, it seems to be OK. Tried just now, opened few files and wake up without any issues. But, first I need to select Win10 in picker. After enter password for Win account, and I see things how I left.

Upgraded my CPU cooler to NZXT Kraken X73, now I can use OC on Core i7-10700K up to 5.0 GHz for all cores (1.375 VCore), not tested on 5.1 GHz, but want to test tomorrow.

Cooler supported by liquidctl, I can set pump speed, color (and effects).

NZXT_Z490_1.jpgNZXT_Z490_3.jpg
NZXT_Z490_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ayvan

be interesting to see the differences in geek bench etc..

Upgraded my CPU cooler to NZXT Kraken X73, now I can use OC on Core i7-10700K up to 5.0 GHz for all cores (1.375 VCore), not tested on 5.1 GHz, but want to test tomorrow.
I thing if you will put as intake you will get better temps as you will cool CPU with fresh air, not with hot air from GPU

Maybe i am wrong about sleep, because instant error confused me.
So i am opening few programs (for exaple i opened specific photo) and press sleep. PC looks like turning off and instantly going back on, in picker i select mac os, i have my programms opened, but photos app is on first screen. I am seeing message that PC restarted due to error. Worst thing that PC just not sleeping, something triggers wake up instantly, and this happening on on MacOS, no issues with Windows
What USB devices are connected to internal USB 2.0 header(s)?

Did I already refer you to the Sleep Aid here?

Back