Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Ayvan

be interesting to see the differences in geek bench etc..
OC 5.1 GHz, VCore 1.4
Results on macOS and Windows
Снимок экрана 2020-07-03 в 18.47.57.png
Снимок экрана 2020-07-03 в 18.48.12.png

OCCT stress test:
OCCT 03.07.2020 18_32_35.png
OCCT 03.07.2020 18_32_43.png
OCCT 03.07.2020 18_33_08.png
OCCT 03.07.2020 18_33_11.png

Last edited:
Results on macOS and Windows

OCCT stress test:
The new Geekbench scores are:
1439 SC and 10218 MC

What are the original non-overclocked scores?

The new Geekbench scores are:
1439 SC and 10218 MC

What are the original non-overclocked scores?
Tested now on new cooler (all OC turned off, "CPU Upgrade: Default"):
Снимок экрана 2020-07-03 в 19.22.20.png

@Ploddles

The RGB Fusion driver for liquidctl has been in limbo for a couple of weeks because we've been finding differences in light-channel addresses between Gigabyte motherboards.

It would be good to try and accommodate @Lukey1979's AORUS Xtreme and your AORUS Master. Have you had a chance to test the RGB Fusion driver again?

Hi @CaseySJ, yes I did try it again. Your updated files eliminated the error message I was getting with the '--hid hid list' but I still get no output from either of the list commands.

I do dual boot into Windows if there is anything I can help with there, just ask and I will obey.

I just found out that my system is crashing (kernel panic) when editing photos in the the Photos app (having the app open and viewing photos works perfectly fine). I found some other users on the internet reporting the same problem. It seems to be related to my gpu (5700 XT). Does anyone know something about this? Do other users with the same GPU have similar problems?

short update about this: It just seems to happen with specific photos (for example, it happens reproducibly with a photo taken on the iPhone with a rebound effect). I'm still analyzing.

What USB devices are connected to internal USB 2.0 header(s)?

Did I already refer you to the Sleep Aid here?
Connected only Fenvi card.
But i have 2 case connections going to motherboard, HD audio, USB 3 and type c (Phanteks P600s case). I will try disconnect them and see what happened and also will check Sleep Aid

What USB devices are connected to internal USB 2.0 header(s)?

Did I already refer you to the Sleep Aid here?
Apparently
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 standby 0 autopoweroff 0
command managed to sort this auto wake

Hi guys !!!

Great thread and instructions; thank you !

My Mobo just died, so I took this great opportunity to get a new one.... and guess what !!!

A new Vision D is on my desk and the parcel with a core i7 10700k CPU should arrive by Wednesday ... YaY !!!

I have some questions :

I do not plan to get an AMD GPU as I have a powerfull Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, I'll use my Windows partition for gaming, and Mac Os second part for music with logic.

1- Can I run my rig with the integrated Intel GPU, while the Nvidia ( I know it's not supported) still plugged in the PCIe port ?

2- Do I need to get an AMD GPU ? (if so, I will probably get the cheapest one like Rx550 as I will not use it in windows) in that case, can I run my hack with the 2 GPUs plugged ?

Keeping my Nvidia in the first 16x PCIe slot is important for the purpose of Gaming performance :)

Thanks guys for all your support !!!!

Last edited:
Back