Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thank you! Now the debug command works. However the list command is now presenting an error. My apologies for my lack of knowledge in this department, your assistance is seriously helpful. Attaching another screenshot..

Also, an unrelated note. I took a Startech firewire (!!) card out of my eight year old Ivy Bridge build and was happy to find it worked with no issues straight away in this new machine.
No problem -- happy to help. Once this is incorporated into the actual build, these problems won't occur.

In my reply last night I mentioned copying the "drivers" folder, which in reality is the "driver" folder. If you copied only selected files from "driver" instead of the entire folder, then also copy this one:
  • usb.py
This adds some extra low-level USB protocol handlers that are needed by the RGB Fusion 2.0 driver. Let's hope that is the last necessary file... ;)

The score I post earlier is from yesterday,or the day before?I see you didn't reply to that, thought you might missed it. the IPG screenshot is from present. And here below is one more, when I'm testing some h.264 video recoding. The reading is strange, right?What do those two reading mean actually? The GFX AVG reading is always 5.37(It is not right?),as the GFX REQ always 0.33. The AVG reading will change to around 3 when my desktop wallpaper changes(MonitorEarth 1.0). and....if I switch to another efi file, do I need to rebuild the system again, or is it the same to just change the efi file?
Ah, but do you remember this?

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 7.41.35 AM.png

Ah, but do you remember this?

View attachment 477435
emm....I do remember your advice, but I rebuilt the system after I can't login to the system, and when I cant get the boot error problem solved, I changed a efi file, so I thought maybe I can use IPG now...

emm....I do remember your advice, but I rebuilt the system after I can't login to the system, and when I cant get the boot error problem solved, I changed a efi file, so I thought maybe I can use IPG now...
I think IPG needs to be updated for Z490/Comet Lake-S.

I think IPG needs to be updated for Z490/Comet Lake-S.
well thanx, so i just cant find out if the IGPU is working properly.... do I need to rebuilt the system to get it more error-free?

No problem -- happy to help. Once this is incorporated into the actual build, these problems won't occur.

In my reply last night I mentioned copying the "drivers" folder, which in reality is the "driver" folder. If you copied only selected files from "driver" instead of the entire folder, then also copy this one:
  • usb.py
This adds some extra low-level USB protocol handlers that are needed by the RGB Fusion 2.0 driver. Let's hope that is the last necessary file... ;)
Ok, I may wait until then. I copied usb.py and now seem to have no function while using the debug list or list commands. :crazy:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.57.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.57.08 AM.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 50
well thanx, so i just cant find out if the IGPU is working properly.... do I need to rebuilt the system to get it more error-free?
It is extremely easy to see if iGPU is working. Just run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to IGPU@2. If you see AppleIntelFramebufferController then you're done. Nothing more to worry about.

Ok, I may wait until then. I copied usb.py and now seem to have no function while using the debug list or list commands. :crazy:
It can be downloaded from the same GitHub location.
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.37.59 AM.png

Now you see why I said this: :)
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.39.42 AM.png

You can try my EFI configuration for Vision G. Just add you serial numbers and uuid.

OK so obviously I can't swear here.

But I LOVE YOU MAN.

Changed the serials, booted from your EFI and boom the audio dropouts were significantly reduced over Firewire. I then just tried over USB and played an entire project of mine at 96Khz with loads of UAD-2 plugs, Waves, Plugin Alliance & Drumforge and its working!

I'm disappointed that the upgrade to a 10900K hasn't fixed system overloads in Logic X but at this stage I'll just take a working computer tbh!

Whats the secret? Did you compile your own from vanilla OpenCore? Did you use CaseSJ's Vision D as a template? I'd love to know but thank you so much for posting this!!

***I'm guessing things will improve over time for us early adopters of z490 / comet lake correct?***

Last edited:
It can be downloaded from the same GitHub location.
View attachment 477438
Now you see why I said this: :)
View attachment 477439
My bad, I must have missed something. I'm now getting -

ImportError: cannot import name 'Hue2Accessory' from 'liquidctl.util' (/usr/local/Cellar/liquidctl/1.3.3_1/libexec/lib/python3.8/site-packages/liquidctl/util.py) o_O

Back