Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hey Casey thank you kindly for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate that mate.

I have the Vision G motherboard and although the BIOS looks mostly the same (or very similiar) there does not seem to be the option on the 'G' for this USB 3.0 DAC-UP 2.

I have made SOME progress in the sense that I slotted an old PCI-E Firewire 800 card into my machine and have connected the RME Fireface 802 up by way of firewire. This has improved the loading time(s) of the Fireface driver panel and Totalmix software but I am still getting intermittent audio drop outs both on pro music applications and even on Youtube that I did not have on my previous system (ASUS Z370-A Prime / i7 8700K). My rig is exactly the same albeit a move to a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G / i9 10900K.

I'm starting to be fairly convinced theres a problem with my config.plist.

If anyone has a working Vision G or could check out my previous post that contained my EFI folder in case I've done something stupid I would be super grateful!
You can try my EFI configuration for Vision G. Just add you serial numbers and uuid.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 60
hello Casey,is my score means something wrong? i had a quite abnormal situation going on here...please check my screenshot below. another question is, if I switch to another efi file, do I need to rebuild the system again, or is it the same to just change the efi file?

Attachments

• 截屏2020-06-22 下午9.51.29.png
    截屏2020-06-22 下午9.51.29.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 72
You can try my EFI configuration for Vision G. Just add you serial numbers and uuid.

Thats a very kind gesture thank you Ayvan. What modifications do I need to make to it re: my Radeon 5700XT if any?

Thats a very kind gesture thank you Ayvan. What modifications do I need to make to it re: my Radeon 5700XT if any?
Just adding agdpmod=pikera to NVRAM --> Boot Arguments should be sufficient for RX 5700 XT.

hello Casey,is my score means something wrong? i had a quite abnormal situation going on here...please check my screenshot below. another question is, if I switch to another efi file, do I need to rebuild the system again, or is it the same to just change the efi file?
Hello @mangomama,

What benchmark or GPU-based application were you running when you captured the Intel Power Gadget screenshot? The iGPU curve looks okay, but if we use the boot argument igfxfw=2 then iGPU curve can be higher.

Just adding agdpmod=pikera to NVRAM --> Boot Arguments should be sufficient for RX 5700 XT.
It's already in archived config.plist

Apple's WWDC 2020 starts in less than 3 hours! Latest rumors suggest:
  • No new hardware, but new hardware may be announced in September. It may include redesigned iMac with 10th Generation Comet Lake-S. That will, of course, help all of us with Z490 systems.
    • September is also when new macOS 10.16 is expected to be released to the public, so 10.16 may provide native support for Z490.
  • Announcement of plans to migrate to Apple ARM processors.
  • New versions of all operating systems:
    • macOS
    • iOS
    • iPadOS
    • WatchOS
    • TVOS

One more file to replace:

In folder:
  • /usr/local/Cellar/liquidctl/1.3.3_1/libexec/lib/python3.8/site-packages/liquidctl
Replace file:
  • cli.py
with the one here:
Thank you! Now the debug command works. However the list command is now presenting an error. My apologies for my lack of knowledge in this department, your assistance is seriously helpful. Attaching another screenshot..

Also, an unrelated note. I took a Startech firewire (!!) card out of my eight year old Ivy Bridge build and was happy to find it worked with no issues straight away in this new machine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.24.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.24.08 AM.png
    839.9 KB · Views: 56
Hello @mangomama,

What benchmark or GPU-based application were you running when you captured the Intel Power Gadget screenshot? The iGPU curve looks okay, but if we use the boot argument igfxfw=2 then iGPU curve can be higher.
The score I post earlier is from yesterday,or the day before?I see you didn't reply to that, thought you might missed it. the IPG screenshot is from present. And here below is one more, when I'm testing some h.264 video recoding. The reading is strange, right?What do those two reading mean actually? The GFX AVG reading is always 5.37(It is not right?),as the GFX REQ always 0.33. The AVG reading will change to around 3 when my desktop wallpaper changes(MonitorEarth 1.0). and....if I switch to another efi file, do I need to rebuild the system again, or is it the same to just change the efi file?

Attachments

• 截屏2020-06-22 下午10.25.20.png
    截屏2020-06-22 下午10.25.20.png
    663.8 KB · Views: 71
Back