Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes, please try that. Here's a recent post by @NCMacGuy that may or may not be directly related. He needed to change it to Default, which is what you have. Anyway, let's try Disabled now.
Unfortunately that did not work. Same issue. Also tried with a DisplayPort cable rather than HDMI but no change. I posted in previous pages (page 997), screenshots of what's happening during the boot sequence. In particular it shows when the system resets and why. But I still don't know how to solve it or what could cause these errors. Any ideas on those screenshots? It is weird because it is the first time ever that I can't update to the new macOS. Also I have noticed something a bit strange with OpenCore Configurator.
If I open OpenCore Configurator, mount the EFI within OpenCore Configurator then open the config.plist, everything is fine.
If, however, the EFI is already mounted (for instance by hackindrom). If I select the config.plist, right click and choose "OpenCore Configurator". Once OpenCore Configurator opens the config.plist, it throws an error message about the OC bootloader being old and that this version of OpenCore Configurator will create a version for 0.8.5. This is a bit weird because it is the same config.plist opened with the same version of OpenCore Configurator but via 2 different ways.

Update: I have noticed that the screenshots on page 997 are related to the NVRAM. What is the difference between the clear NVRAM and the reset NVRAM utilities that you can can run from OC picker?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi there, back to my issue about installing/upgrading to Ventura, I noticed that in my screenshots on page 997, there was a lot of "checkpoint" entries. I could not find a lot of results on Mr Google but I found an article stating that if you come across checkpoint failure to make sure that you have the latest version of Lilu. I took upon myself to check the Lilu version I have on my system. I ran HackIntool and got the following result:

1667205635200.png

then I did the same thing with HackInDROM and got the following:

1667205681521.png

Both tools return Lilu version being 1.5.6 but looking at the Lilu page on github, the latest version of Lilu is 1.6.2
And it seems that 1.6.1 was a version created for Ventura or at least to support Ventura.
Could someone give me the versions of the all kexts that we should use in Ventura?
I upgraded my OC using Hackindrom so I don't know what was copied (I would have assumed the latest versions of each kext?). Looking at the Lilu kext file in my EFI folder, it says that it was created on the 8 Feb 2022 and modified on the 8 feb 2022. According to Lilu Github page, the version released on the 8 of Feb 2022 was 1.6.0
I am getting confused now between the reported versions and the release date. I would like to make sure that I have the right kexts versions for version 0.8.5 so that I can rule out a mismatch of version being the cause of the failure to upgrade. Thanks.

PS: interestingly hackindrom info page states that I have OpenCore 0.7.4!

@CaseySJ Hi there, back to my issue about installing/upgrading to Ventura, I noticed that in my screenshots on page 997, there was a lot of "checkpoint" entries. I could not find a lot of results on Mr Google but I found an article stating that if you come across checkpoint failure to make sure that you have the latest version of Lilu. I took upon myself to check the Lilu version I have on my system. I ran hackintool and got the following result:

View attachment 557396
then I did the same thing with hackindrom and got the following:

View attachment 557397

Both tools return Lilu version being 1.5.6 but looking at the Lilu page on github, the latest version of Lilu is 1.6.2
And it seems that 1.6.1 was a version created for Ventura or at least to support ventura.
Could someone give me the versions of the all kexts that we should use in Ventura?
I upgraded my OC using Hackindrom so I don't know what was copied (I would have assumed the latest versions of each kext?). Looking at the Lilu kext file in my EFI folder, it says that it was created on the 8 feb 2022 and modified on the 8 feb 2022. According to Lilu github page, the version released on the 8 of feb 2022 was 1.6.0
I am getting confused now between the reported versions and the release date. I would like to make sure that I have the right kexts versions for version 0.8.5 so that I can rule out a mismatch of version being the cause of the failure to upgrade. Thanks.

PS: interestingly hackindrom info page states that I have opencore 0.7.4!
use latest kexts and opencore, don't forget to reset nvram

use latest kexts and opencore, don't forget to reset nvram
I used hackindrom to update opencore to 0.8.5 so I would have expected the kexts to have been updated to their latest versions. But if what hackintool and hackindrom are showing is correct, obviously I don't have the latest ones. I used to grab @CaseySJ zip files each time there was a new opencore and that contained the latest kexts. But with hackindrom now I have no real control. I always reset the NVRAM after an update to a new opencore.

I used hackindrom to update opencore to 0.8.5 so I would have expected the kexts to have been updated to their latest versions. But if what hackintool and hackindrom are showing is correct, obviously I don't have the latest ones. I used to grab @CaseySJ zip files each time there was a new opencore and that contained the latest kexts. But with hackindrom now I have no real control. I always reset the NVRAM after an update to a new opencore.
I have never used Hackindrom, I normally download opencore from github and update manually

also use hackintool to scan and download kexts and copy them over

that way I know that it has all been updated properly

Have you tried the right-click method in HackinDROM? It will update everything automatically.

If there are multiple boot disks in the system, ensure that the disk boot priority is correct in BIOS.

To check kext version, simply right-click in Finder and select Get Info.

Shame :( I have received the Fenvi adapter and waiting for my modules but now the excitement is gone :) Which version did you get? the B33 or the B18?
I initially ordered the B33 but they were out of stock so I asked them to send me the B18
It is indeed bad news…I have B18. :(

Have you tried the right-click method in HackinDROM? It will update everything automatically.

If there are multiple boot disks in the system, ensure that the disk boot priority is correct in BIOS.

To check kext version, simply right-click in Finder and select Get Info.
Yes ,that is the method I used. But somehow it said that I have OpenCore 0.8.5. However, the versions of the various kexts are not the latest ones.
I have downloaded manually the latest kexts and replaced them in my EFI folde, but still have the same issue :(. However, when loading HackIntool, it was still showing the wrong versions (same with HackInDROM). I had another clone disk which is bootable as well but somehow the version numbers of the kext files also did not match. I took upon Casey advice and went into the BIOS and forced the boot sequence to start with my system disk (instead of "OpenCore").
Upon loading now hackintool and hackindrom are both showing the right versions. I'll try an upgrade, and let you know guys. Thanks. I have no idea how or what EFI the system was booting from!

Update: actually it looks like there is a EFI partition on my Windows disk and that is the one it was booting from. No idea how an OpenCore EFI has ended up on that Windows disk! I am just going to delete that EFI folder to avoid confusion in the future.

Yes ,that is the method I used. But somehow it said that I have OpenCore 0.8.5. However, the versions of the various kexts are not the latest ones.
I have downloaded manually the latest kexts and replaced them in my EFI folde, but still have the same issue . However, when loading HackIntool, it was still showing the wrong versions (same with HackInDROM). I had another clone disk which is bootable as well but somehow the version numbers of the kext files also did not match. I took upon Casey advice and went into the BIOS and forced the boot sequence to start with my system disk (instead of "OpenCore").
Upon loading now hackintool and hackindrom are both showing the right versions. I'll try an upgrade, and let you know guys. Thanks. I have no idea how or what EFI the system was booting from!
did you reset nvram?

@CaseySJ, The sonnet card is working and recognized, without any OpenCore modifications, on this machine booting from my previous 10.15.7 SSD on OpenCore 0.7.4. My updated 12.6.1 NVMe with OpenCore 0.8.4 breaks the config.

Edit: Had to re-up the image... must be a Monday thing...

Attachments

• Solo10G-10GBASE-T-Ethernet-1-Port-PCIe-Card-G10E-1X-E3 (corrected).jpg
    Solo10G-10GBASE-T-Ethernet-1-Port-PCIe-Card-G10E-1X-E3 (corrected).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Z490-OC-0.8.4-monterey.jpg
    Z490-OC-0.8.4-monterey.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Z490-OC-074-catalina.jpg
    Z490-OC-074-catalina.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back