Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Maybe in Ventura? I have ordered 2 of them as well as a fenvi pcie to mini pcie adapter which also contains 2 antenna ready for wireless cards. Will see. It probably won't work
I received my SparkLAN WPEB-265AXI and a Fenvi mini-PCI to PCIe adapter. Unfortunately it is not recognized in Intel version of macOS.

I tried changing device ID to 0x4433 (same as my 14" MacBook Pro) but no luck.

I'll hold on to the module because it's supported in Linux -- and maybe it might become supported in a future x86 version of macOS...

I reread your earlier posts and it looks like Asus XG-C100C v2 already has device id 94C0. This means the SSDT is not needed because Monterey 12.6 supports it.

Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch with the window horizontally widened so all the columns are visible.
I have tried with and without the force setting.

Attachments

• Configurator---)-Kernel---)-Patch.png
    Configurator---)-Kernel---)-Patch.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
@CaseySJ

So I have borrowed a sonnettech solo10g PCIe Card which is supposed to work on mac, windows and linux.

Upon initial install and first boot into windows, the card had no lights on. Once I got to the windows login screen the card becomes active and lights up.

When I restart and boot from Opencore and select the mac nvme, the card remains lit and active until just after or near the point in the boot process that says "The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved." The network lights on the card at that point go off and do not come back unless I reboot into windows again and then it becomes active again.

With the Asus card when working in windows, upon reboot the lights go out at the opencore boot picker.
So neither card is being found by OSX.
Does this help with anything?

I'm lost. I thought it'd be quick and simple relating to something with the z490 build but appears more complicated than I'd hoped.

@CaseySJ

So I have borrowed a sonnettech solo10g PCIe Card which is supposed to work on mac, windows and linux.

Upon initial install and first boot into windows, the card had no lights on. Once I got to the windows login screen the card becomes active and lights up.

When I restart and boot from Opencore and select the mac nvme, the card remains lit and active until just after or near the point in the boot process that says "The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved." The network lights on the card at that point go off and do not come back unless I reboot into windows again and then it becomes active again.

With the Asus card when working in windows, upon reboot the lights go out at the opencore boot picker.
So neither card is being found by OSX.
Does this help with anything?

I'm lost. I thought it'd be quick and simple relating to something with the z490 build but appears more complicated than I'd hoped.
Some 10GbE cards are finicky when it comes to booting between Windows and macOS. Please try this:
  • If you boot Windows and then try to boot macOS, do a Shutdown in Windows. Then flip power switch in PSU to OFF for 5-10 seconds. Now power back up and boot macOS directly.
    • This is a cold boot.
Does the Sonnet Solo work when cold booted into macOS?

It says on the Sonnet website that "macOS loads virtual firmware as part of its initialization of the Solo10G, so it doesn't matter which version of firmware is programmed into the Solo10G when you are using with macOS".

Is there something in OpenCore config that could be altering or preventing the card from doing whatever it is trying to do? At the time of booting with the Sonnet card, I did have everything we attempted with the Asus off/removed from the config with the assumption that the Sonnet card should just work. o_O

I wonder if whatever is preventing the Sonnet card to load is also preventing the Asus card as well.

I received my SparkLAN WPEB-265AXI and a Fenvi mini-PCI to PCIe adapter. Unfortunately it is not recognized in Intel version of macOS.

I tried changing device ID to 0x4433 (same as my 14" MacBook Pro) but no luck.

I'll hold on to the module because it's supported in Linux -- and maybe it might become supported in a future x86 version of macOS...
Shame :( I have received the Fenvi adapter and waiting for my modules but now the excitement is gone :) Which version did you get? the B33 or the B18?
I initially ordered the B33 but they were out of stock so I asked them to send me the B18

Back