Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel —> Patch.

It may be necessary to spoof the Device-ID. I’ll follow up after seeing the screenshot.
Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 8.49.53 AM.png

These were in my config that was created from hackinDROM. As of now, none are currently enabled.

I found 3 different replace numbers in my searches including the one you have listed here... I believe one of the others required something with firmware and were from several years ago. The only thing in common was Find: 0F844503 0000

I know something is missing, its never as easy as one check box.

I did also try the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk method... VT-d is already enabled in the config I using... but that did nothing as well.

View attachment 557263
These were in my config that was created from hackinDROM. As of now, none are currently enabled.

I found 3 different replace numbers in my searches including the one you have listed here... I believe one of the others required something with firmware and were from several years ago. The only thing in common was Find: 0F844503 0000

I know something is missing, its never as easy as one check box.

I did also try the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk method... VT-d is already enabled in the config I using... but that did nothing as well.
If your 10GbE card is in the bottom long slot, try the following:
  • Disable all the Aquantia kernel patches in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch
  • Enable the kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet
  • Add the attached SSDT to (a) config.plist --> ACPI and (b) copy file to EFI/OC/ACPI
Reboot and check the 10GbE again.

Attachments

• SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP21.aml
    287 bytes · Views: 15
If your 10GbE card is in the bottom long slot, try the following:
  • Disable all the kernel patches in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch
  • Enable the kernel quirk ForceAquantiaEthernet
  • Add the attached SSDT to (a) config.plist --> ACPI and (b) copy file to EFI/OC/ACPI
Reboot and check the 10GbE again.
Card is still unrecognized.

Yes, the card is in the very bottom 4x slot. There are 2 gpu's in the machine so the bottom slot is the only one available.

- disabled all Aquantia kernal patches
- enabled ForceAquantiaEthernet
- added and enabled ssdt

Attachments

• IMG_0665a.jpg
    IMG_0665a.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 4.24.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 4.24.48 PM.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 17
Card is still unrecognized.

Yes, the card is in the very bottom 4x slot. There are 2 gpu's in the machine so the bottom slot is the only one available.

- disabled all Aquantia kernal patches
- enabled ForceAquantiaEthernet
- added and enabled ssdt
Can you post your IOReg using IORegistryExplorer—> File —> Save As…

@ffk

Your 10GbE card is on RP23 instead of RP21. Please disable or remove the previous SSDT and try this one: SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP23.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP23.aml
    287 bytes · Views: 13
Dear @CaseySJ , with the release of Ventura, I was wondering whether you would post your current EFI, with or without WIFI additional card.
My system is working fine, as usual I have been using your EFI, updated with the great HackinDROM tool.
However, as we all do some "experiments or personal tuning" :) I would be happy to be able to do some comparison with yours.
Once again thanks for all your support, running now, from what I can see around 5 different machines !

Anyone know of a tool that can change the LED color of the Corsair RAM and AIO? I do it in windows, but when I reboot it goes back to the pukey rainbow bright. It lights up my whole room. I am considering getting non LED ram just to stop it. lol

Your 10GbE card is on RP23 instead of RP21. Please disable or remove the previous SSDT and try this one: SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP23.aml.
same result :|

same result :|
I reread your earlier posts and it looks like Asus XG-C100C v2 already has device id 94C0. This means the SSDT is not needed because Monterey 12.6 supports it.

Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch with the window horizontally widened so all the columns are visible.

Incidentally, I have a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C, which works just fine but needs the SSDT:
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 6.43.05 PM.png

Last edited:
Back