Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello I have tried to enable my i225-V Ethernet port and while I think Ive done everything stated in the above posting I cant get it to grab an IP address. Shows up good in my system profile but still no IP, it stays red. If someone could verify my setting Id really appreciate it. I have enabled VTD in the BIOS as well. I wasn't sure if I should use the ForceAquantiaEthernet as Ive seen some posting saying its needed while other not saying anything at all about it. I tried it both ways with no luck. Im am using OpenCoreConfigurator 2.62.1.0 and Opencore 0.8.5 on Monterey 12.6.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Here are my settings:
View attachment 556906
View attachment 556908View attachment 556909View attachment 556910View attachment 556911View attachment 556912
In screenshot 2 we see that your firmware revision is 0002. It may be necessary to update the i225-v firmware.

Please see this post:

Thanks @CaseySJ and @c-o-pr appreciate the help. Unfortunately I've spent the last hour looking for the modded zip file since its been removed from Insanely mac. Ive had no luck finding it anywhere. If either of you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Even the sites that needed to b translated point to the Insanely mac location...

I did notice that Gigabyte has a firmware update tool for the Vision D though. Maybe this will wok the same?

Do you have a Monterey install on a drive? The needed file is IONeyworkingFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

This needed file is inside the IONeyworkingFamily.kext (Show package contents...)

There's is most likely a way to retrieve it from a Monterey installer without doing an install, maybe using Pacifist? Or there's a way to unpack an installer but I don't have the recipe handy.

Do you have a Monterey install on a drive? The needed file is IONeyworkingFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

This needed file is inside the IONeyworkingFamily.kext (Show package contents...)

There's is most likely a way to retrieve it from a Monterey installer without doing an install, maybe using Pacifist? Or there's a way to unpack an installer but I don't have the recipe handy.

I do have Monterey on the Disk which I'm booting currently. I'm looking for eeupdate64.efi file though to flash the Ethernet firmware? This is contained in a KEXT?

Specifically this: I225-Vmod.zip

I do have Monterey on the Disk which I'm booting currently. I'm looking for eeupdate64.efi file though to flash the Ethernet firmware? This is contained in a KEXT?

Specifically this: I225-Vmod.zip
I just so happen to have a copy...

Attachments

• I225-Vmod.zip
    936.3 KB · Views: 69
Thanks @CaseySJ and @c-o-pr appreciate the help. Unfortunately I've spent the last hour looking for the modded zip file since its been removed from Insanely mac. Ive had no luck finding it anywhere. If either of you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Even the sites that needed to b translated point to the Insanely mac location...

I did notice that Gigabyte has a firmware update tool for the Vision D though. Maybe this will wok the same?
It's still there, but without an user account it won't show-up. You would find it Online, by searching with the term: I225-Vmod . But some of these options are for Windows. If you dual boot it could work but not everyone is dual booting.

I just so happen to have a copy...

This indeed fixed it! Thanks @CaseySJ, @c-o-pr , and @tecnicasopr for all trying to help me so quickly. I appreciate you all! :headbang:

For others trying to flash the i225v ethernet controller I used "Option 2" instructions from this github:

Back