CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@bricknewer Please replace your SSDT-DMAR.aml with the one I attached here and then try booting Windows via OC again.
This works for me every time. I always have to remember to replace it. Can you tell me if this will remain relevant as OC gets updated? And why it's needed.

Motherboard
Gigabyte C246-WU4
CPU
E-2278G
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
DMAR is a table for Direct Memory Access, which is used by VT-d and now used by macOS for networking.
We replace the original table to delete reserved areas which may conflict with what macOS expects.
Updating OC changes nothing about that, but updating BIOS might bring an updated DMAR table so one needs to check and adjust SSDT-DMAR if needed after a BIOS update. (First rule of BIOS: If it's not broken, don't fix it.)

Motherboard
Gigabyte C246-WU4
CPU
E-2278G
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Another quick question, Gigabyte has a Titan Ridge v1 and v2 card available. What is the difference, and what implementation does the Vision D have?
No idea what was updated in the Titan Ridge cards, but they are known to behave the same anyway.
TR v2 predates the Vision D board, so the Vision D implementation must match v2.

Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
5700 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No idea what was updated in the Titan Ridge cards, but they are known to behave the same anyway.
TR v2 predates the Vision D board, so the Vision D implementation must match v2.
Does the Vision D have the same quirk as the asus proart board where if you put a card in the third PCI slot, Thunderbolt is disabled? I am looking at boards, and the Z490 Aorus Master still seems to be around. I'm thinking maybe an Aorus Master and a Thunderbolt card if I can't track down Vision D. Of course.. I was planning to upgrade my network to 10g soon too...so....using up the bottom slot is not ideal. Unless I go with an external Thunderbolt adapter. Ugh...so many choices...the Vision D or the Aorus Xtreme seem to be the best choices for all around features.

Motherboard
Gigabyte C246-WU4
CPU
E-2278G
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Does the Vision D have the same quirk as the asus proart board where if you put a card in the third PCI slot, Thunderbolt is disabled?
The answer to that is in the specifications and block diagram, as it's the manufacturer's own trickery in dealing with too few PCIe lanes. For the Z490 Vision D it seems there's sharing between the x4 slot and a M.2 (x4 -> x2x2) but nothing with the Thunderbolt chip.

I am looking at boards, and the Z490 Aorus Master still seems to be around. I'm thinking maybe an Aorus Master and a Thunderbolt card if I can't track down Vision D. Of course.. I was planning to upgrade my network to 10g soon too...so....using up the bottom slot is not ideal.
Why? Thunderbolt in the x4 PCIe slot from PCH, as recommended, and NIC in a PCIe slot from the CPU. The GPU will operate on x8 instead of x16, but it's unlikely you will notice the difference because most workloads fit within the x8 bandwidth.

Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
5700 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The answer to that is in the specifications and block diagram, as it's the manufacturer's own trickery in dealing with too few PCIe lanes. For the Z490 Vision D it seems there's sharing between the x4 slot and a M.2 (x4 -> x2x2) but nothing with the Thunderbolt chip.

Why? Thunderbolt in the x4 PCIe slot from PCH, as recommended, and NIC in a PCIe slot from the CPU. The GPU will operate on x8 instead of x16, but it's unlikely you will notice the difference because most workloads fit within the x8 bandwidth.
yes, there is trade off on that last PCie slot for each board. Yes, I am aware putting the 10g card in the second slot instead on the Asus board. I am not sure if a 6900 XT needs more than 8x was the only concern with that. also, future proofing just in case I get a dual 6900 XT system.. Just considerations and thinking out loud. Is the Aorus z490 Xtreme a solid board? I read success build forums on this site. It looks nice because you basically have everything all on the board especially for 10g and thunderbolt. Decisions.

Motherboard
Gigabyte C246-WU4
CPU
E-2278G
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
I am not sure if a 6900 XT needs more than 8x was the only concern with that.
It is a matter of the workload that is put at the GPU, not the GPU itself.

also, future proofing just in case I get a dual 6900 XT system..
Then one last desperate measure would be to turn a M.2 slot into a PCIe x4 slot on extension cable with a suitable adapter.
Next, a X299/C422/C621 build to have enough PCIe lanes for everything… But community support will be limited.

Is the Aorus z490 Xtreme a solid board? I read success build forums on this site.
If you've found successful build reports, it works.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D rev 1.1
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DMAR is a table for Direct Memory Access, which is used by VT-d and now used by macOS for networking.
We replace the original table to delete reserved areas which may conflict with what macOS expects.
Updating OC changes nothing about that, but updating BIOS might bring an updated DMAR table so one needs to check and adjust SSDT-DMAR if needed after a BIOS update. (First rule of BIOS: If it's not broken, don't fix it.)
Thanks for the illumination ;-)

Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
5700 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It is a matter of the workload that is put at the GPU, not the GPU itself.
Yes, Redshift is pretty intensive, but I am not doing Hollywood productions so the chance of going dual GPU are slim. Just a consideration. It comes down to the all mighty dollar I suppose and what you can get for it. I just heard back from a parts store that they would match a price on a Aorus Master for $160 (Canadian). It doesn't have Thunderbolt, but the price is amazing for a new motherboard. I have no Thunderbolt devices at the moment anyhow.. If I do require it, I can just use my Vision D system or add that Titan Ridge card. Hmmm.. Just to modernize my Ivy Bridge, this might be a good cheap solution. Really wish I could find another Vision D... it is a nice sweet spot... really uncomfortable going on ebay for components, vendors seem sketchy in their "open box, only used to test" descriptions. You look at the images and they are covered in dust and hair and have obviously stains and cuts on the motherboard. I really appreciate the conversation and input.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all and @CaseySJ
I randomly get panic when booting from my EFI which has always been 100% fine in the past (screen attached).
What should I suspect is (starting?) going wrong?
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_20220929_182444.jpg
    IMG_20220929_182444.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20