Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please see this post:
Thanks CaseySJ, I can't get work my onboard Intel Card on board Z490-D
How can proof that Intel Bluetooth USB port is enabled?
...and where the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth enable in Bios?

so, here is my config please tell me is there something wrong

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks CaseySJ, I can't get work my onboard Intel Card on board Z490-D
How can proof that Intel Bluetooth USB port is enabled?
...and where the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth enable in Bios?

so, here is my config please tell me is there something wrong
Just have a look at ACPI section of config.plist as shown:
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.10 AM.png

Then follow remaining instructions in the previously linked post to add IntelBTPatcher.kext and AirportItlwm-Monterey.kext and/or AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext. There's also a version for Ventura that we can download and use:

Hello to all, I have updated my Hackintosh to macOS Ventura 13.0 and all working fine... just one thing: I was correct the MinKernel to 22.0.0 (was 20.0.0), and added the "AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext" in the OC kexts, because the Ethernet on the board don't works, and I added too e1000=0 on the boot arg, working fine!
Anyway all working fine! Thank you! Cheers :headbang:
imac_ventura_grafiko_2022.png

Hello to all, I have updated my Hackintosh to macOS Ventura 13.0 and all working fine... just one thing: I was correct the MinKernel to 22.0.0 (was 20.0.0), and added the "AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext" in the OC kexts, because the Ethernet on the board don't works, and I added too e1000=0 on the boot arg, working fine!
Anyway all working fine! Thank you! Cheers :headbang:
Hello @grafiko,

The Intel i225-V port is natively supported in Ventura. We should not use AppleIntelI210Ethernet. Instead, simply remove or comment-out the Device Property for i225-V in config.plist, and also remove any boot-arg related to it. Please refer to this post:

** Ventura Users and Prospective Ventura Users **

Upgrade to latest OpenCore 0.8.5 using HackinDROM's "update" feature described here:

To enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port, simply follow these instructions:

Hi, Successful update to Ventura!
Following your advices i changed MinKernel to 22.0.0 also for BlueToolFixup.kext and IntelBTPatcher.kext (is it OK?)
i've disabled and maybe should remove Airportitlwm-monterey.kext ? (using the Alpha 2.2.0 for Ventura now)
Other question is what should i do for the FakePCIID kexts? Disable, remove, change MaxKernel?

Note: i was part of the lucky ones not having problems with I225-V after updating to Monterey (Device Properties for I225-V already commented out)

Attachments

• kernel2.png
    kernel2.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi, Successful update to Ventura!
Following your advices i changed MinKernel to 22.0.0 also for BlueToolFixup.kext and IntelBTPatcher.kext (is it OK?)
i've disabled and maybe should remove Airportitlwm-monterey.kext ? (using the Alpha 2.2.0 for Ventura now)
Other qusetion is what should i do for the FakePCIID kexts? Disable, remove, change MaxKernel?

Note: i was part of the lucky ones not having problems with I225-V after updating to Monterey (Device Properties for I225-V already commented out)
Hello @zedoc,
  • It's okay to change MinKernel to 22.0.0, but also okay to leave it as it was; if you will only run Ventura and newer, then 22.0.0 is perfectly fine
  • It's also okay to remove AirportItlwm-Monterey.
  • Finally, FakePCIID can also be removed; it only applies to Big Sur and older.

To enable Intel i225-V Ethernet port, simply follow these instructions:
Hello I have tried to enable my i225-V Ethernet port and while I think Ive done everything stated in the above posting I cant get it to grab an IP address. Shows up good in my system profile but still no IP, it stays red. If someone could verify my setting Id really appreciate it. I have enabled VTD in the BIOS as well. I wasn't sure if I should use the ForceAquantiaEthernet as Ive seen some posting saying its needed while other not saying anything at all about it. I tried it both ways with no luck. Im am using OpenCoreConfigurator 2.62.1.0 and Opencore 0.8.5 on Monterey 12.6.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Here are my settings:
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.48.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.47.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.50.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.50.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.50.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.52.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.51.17 PM.png

Hello @zedoc,
  • It's okay to change MinKernel to 22.0.0, but also okay to leave it as it was; if you will only run Ventura and newer, then 22.0.0 is perfectly fine

To add to CaseySJ remark:

The purpose of minkernel and maxkernel is to restrict loading those elements to specific versions of macOS for multiboot configs. If you have no macOS version specific config, this is just an aspect to get wrong so don't use it.

Hello I have tried to enable my i225-V Ethernet port and while I think Ive done everything stated in the above posting I cant get it to grab an IP address. Shows up good in my system profile but still no IP, it stays red.

I use a z590 Rocket Lake and I see the same thing as you with Ventura.

My symptom is a little worse. The system crashed when I went to edit System Settings > Network > Ethernet > Hardware > Duplex.

I resolved by Injecting the Monterey AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
See my i225V post on z590 thread.

Ventura and LAN are stable.

(There are a number of other niggling problems but the system is OK and networking is normal).

Back