1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@blob32

To remove the “Failed to Drop ACPI Table” message, for now please see the “Windows Users” section at the top of the OC 0.7.8 mini-guide, click the link in that section, and follow the procedure to disable AppleVTD.

Motherboard
Z490 > Need manufactor and Full model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-10700k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
@blob32

To remove the “Failed to Drop ACPI Table” message, for now please see the “Windows Users” section at the top of the OC 0.7.8 mini-guide, click the link in that section, and follow the procedure to disable AppleVTD.
Thanks @CaseySJ

I followed the Windows Users tutorial, did 1 and 2, however for 3 ACPI --> Delete, my list is empty? Should I do anything there?

Looks like I cannot edit config.plist directly on the EFI partition, when I made edits on the local drive all options where available, apologies for the hassle.

I'm doing NVRAM reset and trying to boot from OC 0.7.8, but I'm still getting a black screen after I chose Catalina disk from OpenCanopy Picker.

I'm attaching (https://www.diffchecker.com/yjZAslb1) diff between config.plist CaseeSJ OC 0.7.8 (left) vs 0.5.9 current (right). I put xxx instead of serial number intentionally when pasting to DiffChecker.

Can you spot anything in the config.plist that my cause the issue? Thanks!

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @CaseySJ

I followed the Windows Users tutorial, did 1 and 2, however for 3 ACPI --> Delete, my list is empty? Should I do anything there?

Looks like I cannot edit config.plist directly on the EFI partition, when I made edits on the local drive all options where available, apologies for the hassle.

I'm doing NVRAM reset and trying to boot from OC 0.7.8, but I'm still getting a black screen after I chose Catalina disk from OpenCanopy Picker.

I'm attaching (https://www.diffchecker.com/yjZAslb1) diff between config.plist CaseeSJ OC 0.7.8 (left) vs 0.5.9 current (right). I put xxx instead of serial number intentionally when pasting to DiffChecker.

Can you spot anything in the config.plist that my cause the issue? Thanks!
At the OpenCanopy picker, press and release CMD-V to enable verbose logs. Then select the Catalina disk and see where the boot process stops.

Also feel free to post your config.plist from OC 0.7.8 with serial numbers removed or x'ed out.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
@CaseySJ Is this built stable in MacOS update 12.4? I am still in update 12.1 by the day. Would you recommend updating to 12.4?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Is this built stable in MacOS update 12.4? I am still in update 12.1 by the day. Would you recommend updating to 12.4?
I've been using 12.4 Beta 1 on my Asus ProArt Z690 so far without incident. My Gigabyte Z490 Vision D is currently being relocated to my home office (don't ask where it had been sitting since it was assembled :)), so I cannot vouch specifically for the Vision D.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I've been using 12.4 Beta 1 on my Asus ProArt Z690 so far without incident. My Gigabyte Z490 Vision D is currently being relocated to my home office (don't ask where it had been sitting since it was assembled :)), so I cannot vouch specifically for the Vision D.
Thank you for replying @CaseySJ, I was wondering if I still need to fix the GPU issue before I update to 12.4?