Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

That you can see it on the screenshot does not mean that it is configured correctly. AppleVTD is also shown as active if you have not made any changes to the DMAR table and have not dropped the original, and this is probably the case as he mentioned before.

That you can see it on the screenshot does not mean that it is configured correctly. AppleVTD is also shown as active if you have not made any changes to the DMAR table and have not dropped the original, and this is probably the case as he mentioned before.
Yes you're quite right.

I just reviewed the config.plist provided by @slickdawg in that same post, and sure enough (a) existing DMAR table is not deleted and (b) modified DMAR is not injected.

@slickdawg : I'm not sure if you're using the EFI folder we provide in this thread. Unchecking DisableIOMapper is not sufficient to enable AppleVTD properly. Please have a look at the OpenCore 0.7.8 mini-guide (reference at top of Post 1). You may download the EFI folder from there and making necessary changes to ACPI --> Add and ACPI --> Patch.

@rd3500 @cliffDeane

Attached is the original Thunderbolt NVM 50 for Gigabyte Z490 Vision D.
CONFIRMED!!!!

With the original firmware I get instant boot. It must be something with the custom firmware that's causing the delay to boot. Thunderbolt is working 100% minus the info under system info and thunderbolt internet bridge.

If anyone knows how to edit the custom firmware to try fix this delayed post id be happy to help with the testing.

Last edited:
Hi all, hi @CaseySJ ;-)
Long time I did not come across this post as everything is working fine !
I am on Monterey 12.4 (21F79) and Opencore 0.80 coming from Casey's OC 0.78 updated through HackinDROM.
However I just got a TB4 cable from OWC and try to plug one of my external SSD on HS8 or HS13 of the Casey's diagram.
I guess the SSD gets power as the light is blinking, but no disk appears on the desktop. (it works fine if I plug the same disk with the same cable on the front USBC port).
I remember that TB prper setup cannot be seen from the TB sub menu in "About this mac System Report" but I really can't remember where I should look for the proper config info.
And the thread is now 960 pages... :) .
Who could help me to solve this out?
Thanks in advance once again for your support !

Last edited:
@CaseySJ have you guys had this issue by any chance:
Sometimes when I boot, I have a black screen with a sort of "_" character in the top left corner. The screen stays black with this character for a good 5s, the Gigabyte splash screen is displayed and a couple of seconds later the various drives to boot from.

I have noticed that when this happens I can't reconnect to NAS once macOS is loaded. Usually, once macOS is loaded, my NAS drives are mounted straight away which in not the case in that scenario.

Hi all, hi @CaseySJ ;-)
Long time I did not come across this post as everything is working fine !
I am on Monterey 12.4 (21F79) and Opencore 0.80 coming from Casey's OC 0.78 updated through HackinDROM.
However I just got a TB4 cable from OWC and try to plug one of my external SSD on HS8 or HS13 of the Casey's diagram.
I guess the SSD gets power as the light is blinking, but no disk appears on the desktop. (it works fine if I plug the same disk with the same cable on the front USBC port).
I remember that TB prper setup cannot be seen from the TB sub menu in "About this mac System Report" but I really can't remember where I should look for the proper config info.
And the thread is now 960 pages... :) .
Who could help me to solve this out?
Thanks in advance once again for your support !
HS08 and HS13 are USB 2.0 ports. Are you instead referring to SSP1 and SSP2?

What is the make and model of the external SSD? Is it a USB 3 device or a Thunderbolt device?

Oops, you are right...
They are the only 2 USB-C ports available on the motherboard.
My SSD are USB-C Adata 1Tb and 2Tb.
Because we have disabled USB 2 on both of the Thunderbolt ports, only USB 3 and Thunderbolt devices will connect there.

If the two ADATA drives are connecting to front panel USB-C port, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC section. Then look for the ADATA drives. Are they connected to a USB2 controller (HSxx port)?

On the Vision D:
  • iGPU is enabled properly and is in headless mode as expected.
  • iGPU device properties are also present in IOReg.
  • iGPU will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays. It should, however, appear in System Information --> PCI. If it does not appear there, please try a cold boot.
On the Vision G:
  • I am still trying to understand what the issue is with on-board audio on Vision G. Please try commenting-out the device-id line by changing it to #device-id. Refer to the first screenshot where device-id is set to 709D0000. Placing a hash mark in front of the property name has the effect of deactivating it.
Hi,
commenting out the device-id does fix the onboard audio on Vision G. A minor problem left is, when I start the machine, the fiollowing message appears everytime, how can I get rid of that? Thanks!

OCS: No schema for AllowNvramReset at 0 Index, context <security> !
OCS: No schema for AllowToggleSip at 2 Index, context <Security> !

Attachments

• photo_2022-06-08_12-13-15.jpg
    photo_2022-06-08_12-13-15.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi,
commenting out the device-id does fix the onboard audio on Vision G. A minor problem left is, when I start the machine, the fiollowing message appears everytime, how can I get rid of that? Thanks!

OCS: No schema for AllowNvramReset at 0 Index, context <security> !
OCS: No schema for AllowToggleSip at 2 Index, context <Security> !
Oh! I fixed that with reference to this reply #7,317. The only thing that worth to be mentioned is,
I have used HackinDROM to update my EFI to the latest version, which is 0.81. However, The latest Opencore Configurator default supports 0.80, the "stable" version. It labelled 0.81 as a "developmental" version.
Is there any harm that I use the developmental ersion? And it would be better if there is a way to let HackinDROM only update the EFI to the latest stable version.

Back