Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section. Widen the window so we can see which kexts are enabled or disabled.
I was on F20 BIOS before the update to OC 0.7.7, and it used to work. Now I am on F21. Could this be the problem?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was on F20 BIOS before the update to OC 0.7.7, and it used to work. Now I am on F21. Could this be the problem?
Couple of suggestions:
  • Check “SecureBootModel”. Is it set to Default or Disabled? Try one or the other.
  • If WiFi worked in OC 0.7.6, you can always try that version again by unzipping the backup that was made by HackinDROM. Backup should be in EFI partition.
  • Try downloading the Monterey version of AirportItlwm from OpenIntelWireless website on GitHub and renaming it to AirportItlwm-Monterey.kext, then replacing the file in OC/Kexts folder.
  • If all else fails, try BIOS F20 again. However, if Intel WiFi is working in Big Sur, then BIOS may not be the issue.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here we go !
- It always happens
- Audio is working fine but sometimes I have some lag using Spotify. No idea if this can be linked to the EFI OR to the Sound Control apps used to monitor my DAC which would need to be updated by the developper (running currently Monterey 12.2 ß2 (21D5039d). This apps seems to be very sensitive to macOS upgrade.
- The EFI is stricly YOUR EFI updated through hackinDROM. No change.
I wonder if this is due to a bug in AudioDxe.efi that will be fixed in OC 0.7.8:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I've been away for a while and just come back to update my Hackintosh. I've been on OpenCore 6.4 for ages and I've just been stepping up a version or two at a time and updating the relevant fields. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for as far as stability goes. I'm currently booted from the USB drive with 7.6 and I've not noticed anything not working. I'm a little behind on macOS versions, too, (11.2.3). I'm wondering if I should commit to 7.6 before updating. I've got backups, and this machine is non-critical.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I've been away for a while and just come back to update my Hackintosh. I've been on OpenCore 6.4 for ages and I've just been stepping up a version or two at a time and updating the relevant fields. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for as far as stability goes. I'm currently booted from the USB drive with 7.6 and I've not noticed anything not working. I'm a little behind on macOS versions, too, (11.2.3). I'm wondering if I should commit to 7.6 before updating. I've got backups, and this machine is non-critical.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
If you refer to the OpenCore 0.7.6 mini-guide (click here) you'll find a section called Things to Test or Check.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @CaseySJ, and for all the other stuff on here, too. Sorry I missed the specifics in that mini guide as I'd used about 8 of them. All the Bluetooth stuff seems fine; not that I use much of it. The update to the latest non-monterey MacOS was fine too.

I don't see any specific mini-guide for Monterey on the top post, does that mean its a straightforward update? I'm not going to be updating imminently as some of the SW I use isn't supported yet.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @CaseySJ, and for all the other stuff on here, too. Sorry I missed the specifics in that mini guide as I'd used about 8 of them. All the Bluetooth stuff seems fine; not that I use much of it. The update to the latest non-monterey MacOS was fine too.
No worries.

I don't see any specific mini-guide for Monterey on the top post, does that mean its a straightforward update? I'm not going to be updating imminently as some of the SW I use isn't supported yet.
To install Monterey, we need a minimum of OpenCore 0.7.6 because it contains specific fixes for the Monterey install image. We should also set SecureBootModel to Disabled. This can be enabled after Monterey is up and running.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So a couple of updates and a question on my new build. Perhaps for @CaseySJ mostly. But open to others input:

- New build working great. Have Windows 11 & Monterey on their own NVMe drives.
- 10g ethernet working great with Aquantia kext enabled (Sonnet Solo 10g card)
- Using AMD 6800 XT GPU and 64g of Crucial RAM.
- Sleep currently works great.

Question:

- My Fenvi Bluetooth/WIFI card arrives today. I've read that adding this card may cause Sleep to not work properly. Is there some recommended procedure to keep sleep working with this card?

Thanks for this thread. And for HackdRom. Made this whole process much easier. I've built a hack previously but this was easily the smoothest.

Motherboard
MSI MEG Z690I UNIFY
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
i've just fit mine this second, and I cant get mine working. Do kexts need to be removed?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android