Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

If you look at the bottom right corner of the image in the post below, you'll see how to enable Verbose mode. Please give that a try and see where the boot process stops.
I can get my FileVault screen, I enter my password and it stucked. Here is a photo of the output;

Attachments

• tempImageyvwaO2.png
    tempImageyvwaO2.png
    17.8 MB · Views: 30
I can get my FileVault screen, I enter my password and it stucked. Here is a photo of the output;
Because this screenshot is filled with the kernel panic report (a problem in com.apple.security.Sandbox) is it possible to capture a screenshot that shows log messages just before this?

@CaseySJ Well a new and interesting problem has emerged in my build. After believing all was well with my dual boot Win 11 & MacOS 12.1 installs, I decided to just leave the machine for a few days without proceeding with my migration from the old system. Was testing how well the new system went into and came out of sleep. Sleep on MacOS seems to work fine for a day or so. But at some point the system will just reboot itself without my intervention. And in this last go round it came up to the OC Canopy menu with MacOS highlighted but I had no USB functionality with my connected keyboard and mouse. It tried to boot into MacOS but failed with no verbose screen. Rebooted itself again, but this time selected the Windows 11 SSD and tried to boot that. But that has failed also with a 'Preparing Automatic Repair' message on a black screen. Ugh. Things work perfectly on this build otherwise. I haven't installed any software or utilities for either OS. Just vanilla installs. Using HackinDROM latest and I even tried updating to OC .7.7 thinking that might help resolve. But nope. Just happened again. I don't know the files or debugging steps needed to get troubleshooting support. But wondering if there are any obvious fixes for this issue that others might have run into.

UPDATE: I decided to just do a hard reboot on the auto repair screen and was able to boot right into Windows with no issues. Expect the same with MacOS. So the root cause of the sleep/wake crash and fail is the issue here.

@misterwiggles

The gods of energy conservation are obviously telling you to power down the machine at the end of each day!

I would suggest to monitor the situation and report back if this occurs again. I have experienced some wake issues recently, but they are occasional and not really bothersome. If you comb through Apple’s own support pages, you’ll see that all sorts of issues affect real Macs as well.

@misterwiggles

The gods of energy conservation are obviously telling you to power down the machine at the end of each day!

I would suggest to monitor the situation and report back if this occurs again. I have experienced some wake issues recently, but they are occasional and not really bothersome. If you comb through Apple’s own support pages, you’ll see that all sorts of issues affect real Macs as well.
Interesting. Yes, my brand new M1 Max MBP recently greeted me in the morning with indications that it had rebooted overnight from its sleep state. I took that to be something similar to my Hack issue but could be wrong. It's possible that Monterey 12.1 has some issues in the core OS for this that are showing up more acutely in the Hack build.

Dare I update to today's 12.2 release in hopes of greener pastures?

Interesting. Yes, my brand new M1 Max MBP recently greeted me in the morning with indications that it had rebooted overnight from its sleep state. I took that to be something similar to my Hack issue but could be wrong. It's possible that Monterey 12.1 has some issues in the core OS for this that are showing up more acutely in the Hack build.

Dare I update to today's 12.2 release in hopes of greener pastures?
I experienced a reboot-during-sleep today on my Asus Z690 ProArt with Monterey 12.2. Although it's relatively rare, I believe I've experienced this on Z390 Designare as well, but not sure. Need to keep monitoring.

Because this screenshot is filled with the kernel panic report (a problem in com.apple.security.Sandbox) is it possible to capture a screenshot that shows log messages just before this?
I solved my little problem. It was my CPU BIOS settings. But, upgrading the BIOS was a bad idea. Because now, my old CPU settings are unstable. I couldn't even turn on the BT also. My system is much slower than ever.

Anyone do the update? I am on opencore 0.7.6 Monterey. Should I get the latest opencore working before I attempt the update that came out today?

Back