Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,
Followed the instructions but my machine froze on start up please see attached grab.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.HEIC.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
If a USB Type A or Type C port is available, I would recommend something like this, which I have been using very reliably with Monterey. This particular model has a Type C connector, but similar products are available with Type A as well.

Type C:

Type A:

Both Type C and A:
Ah, so you don't recommend a NIC card. The vision board's Type C and it works well with my USB-C to Ethernet dongle I have. I see your solutions are what I have already. Didn't think of a USB-A option. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi CaseySJ,
Followed the instructions but my machine froze on start up please see attached grab.
The error in the screenshot means that a UEFI driver in OC/Drivers is missing. Probably the best thing is to compress and post your EFI Folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub section of config.plist before compressing and posting.

Hi CaseySJ,
I am still struggling with the update from 12.0.1. I followed your instruction to no avail, as I mentioned earlier. The setting was set to "disable".
I found in com.appleSoftwareUpdate.plist the LastUpdateAvailable is set to 0. Is that why I cant to update? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.59.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.59.00 PM.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 42
If a USB Type A or Type C port is available, I would recommend something like this, which I have been using very reliably with Monterey. This particular model has a Type C connector, but similar products are available with Type A as well.

Type C:

Type A:

Both Type C and A:
I can vouch for the pluggable Type A + Type C. It works on my hack and real macs.

Hi Casey,
Had to take the HackinDrom SSDT out but here is my folder.
Thunderbolt, Titan Ridge 2 shows under PCI just having a problem connecting my AntelopeAudio Orion 32 Gen 3 to work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 53
Couple of suggestions:
  • Check “SecureBootModel”. Is it set to Default or Disabled? Try one or the other.
  • If WiFi worked in OC 0.7.6, you can always try that version again by unzipping the backup that was made by HackinDROM. Backup should be in EFI partition.
  • Try downloading the Monterey version of AirportItlwm from OpenIntelWireless website on GitHub and renaming it to AirportItlwm-Monterey.kext, then replacing the file in OC/Kexts folder.
  • If all else fails, try BIOS F20 again. However, if Intel WiFi is working in Big Sur, then BIOS may not be the issue.
Hi Casey, Sorry been busy but just got to doing this now. I tried the suggestions above and managed to get it working downloading the V2.2.0 beta kext. This seems to have got wifi working agin in Monterey. Attached is the kext I am using.
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 12.38.42 PM.png

Attachments

• AirportItlwm-Monterey2.kext.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 22
Hi Casey,
Had to take the HackinDrom SSDT out but here is my folder.
Thunderbolt, Titan Ridge 2 shows under PCI just having a problem connecting my AntelopeAudio Orion 32 Gen 3 to work.
Hello @massanalaz,

For Antelope devices, we need to enable AppleVTD, but your EFI is not configured for AppleVTD. Please see this post for instructions:
These instructions apply to Z490 Vision D as well.

Fellas, I screwed up.
I updated my machine to the latest version (12.0 -> 12.1, I think), it was working fine. But now, I am stuck at the bar screen. Does anyone experience related issues?

Fellas, I screwed up.
I updated my machine to the latest version (12.0 -> 12.1, I think), it was working fine. But now, I am stuck at the bar screen. Does anyone experience related issues?
If you look at the bottom right corner of the image in the post below, you'll see how to enable Verbose mode. Please give that a try and see where the boot process stops.

Back