Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I've connected the HDD LED jumper on my Z490 board to the LED in the case and it just flashes constantly at about 4Hz. Is this normal? With my old hack it seemed to work normally i.e. accordingly when there was disk activity.
The HDD LED should blink at different rates depending on disk activity. It would be good to double-check that LED+ and LED- are in fact connected to the correct pins on the motherboard's front panel header.

Has there been any progress on the USB Bluetooth front?
Support for Baird Bluetooth 5.0 USB depends on updates to Acidanther's BrcmPatchRAM project on GitHub. There have not been any changes in the past 23 days. Let's wait until first Monday in December to see if any updates are provided with the release of OpenCore 0.7.6.

The HDD LED should blink at different rates depending on disk activity. It would be good to double-check that LED+ and LED- are in fact connected to the correct pins on the motherboard's front panel header.

Thanks, I think I must have had it wrong. My eyes aren't what they used to be! I took all the cables off and reconnected them and now it's working properly :)

Hi there guys, I appreciate all the support given here I read almous all the forum and successfully running BIG Sur on exact same hardware setup as @CaseySJ .

Now I wanted to setup RAID 1 with two 4TB WD RED in BigSur - I am not very knowledgable can someone share advice if this is good idea in terms of RAID1 on hackintosh and specifically WD red hdd. this workstation would support my Macbook pro . Cheers

Hi there.

This is off-topic for this thread. Please post your own question in Big Sur Support.

Thank you.

@CaseySJ For info, and sure you are going to hate me. :) But I just upgraded from 11.6 to Monterey 12.0.1, and the 2.5GB port is working out of the box. I did not change anything in the config.plist at all. Upgrade to 0.7.5 before in Big Sur. I did a speed test, and I'm getting close to 900 Mbps which is close to the max of my ISP.

@CaseySJ For info, and sure you are going to hate me. :) But I just upgraded from 11.6 to Monterey 12.0.1, and the 2.5GB port is working out of the box. I did not change anything in the config.plist at all. Upgrade to 0.7.5 before in Big Sur. I did a speed test, and I'm getting close to 900 Mbps which is close to the max of my ISP.
Another lucky person! :)

I’m curious what “Revision” is your 2.5GbE port as shown in System Information —> Ethernet?

Hey there,

Thank you CaseySJ for the amazing build instructions and continued support in helping us folks work out the kinks.

I have a Z490 Vision G, Core i9-10850K, Radeon RX 580 GTS, Corsair HX850, Fenvi T919, 64GB RAM, obscene number of drives (startup is a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe), extras being run via a Syba SI-PEX40137.

Everything worked wonderfully under Catalina with open core 0.7.3, and I finally got a TP-Link USB3 adapter for Ethernet so I could upgrade to Monterey.

I updated to OpenCore 0.7.5 following this guide this thread. I have noticed two small problems after I upgraded to Monterey, neither are deal-breakers, but it sure would be nice to figure out how to fix them if you have any ideas.

1) onboard audio vanished when I upgraded to Monterey
2) my Bluetooth mouse (Logitech M720 Triathlon) is now occasionally losing connection for a half a second here and there.

Do you have any thoughts about what I've missed? ( I went through the entire thread, but might have missed a crucial post.) Attached is my EFI folder stripped of SNs

Attachments

• EFI_075_stripped.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi all ! Hi @CaseySJ
I am planning to use a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Monitor 3G connected on TB3.

Looking at Black Magic forum it seems that these device can lead to some trouble in setting up, even on real Macs.
Did anyone have been successful in managing this on Gigabyte Z490 Vision D?

Many thanks as usual for all your great input :)

Back