- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I don't think so. My system is set to allow all apps.Is this because it was downloaded from the Internet? If so, simply open System Preferences —> Security & Privacy —> General and click “Allow” at the bottom of the window.
We can update manually as follows:I don't think so. My system is set to allow all apps.
Also, I see the icon at the top menu bar for a moment, then it goes away silently.
Will try.We can update manually as follows:
- Download the EFI folder from mini-guide.
- Rename the top level folder to EFI
- If you have AMD GPU, select the file “config-AMD-GPU.plist”, which is located in the EFI/OC folder, and rename it to config.plist
- Copy serial numbers into this config.plist
- Backup your existing EFI folder and replace it with the new one
- Be sure to open the new config.plist in latest OpenCore Configurator (set it to 0.7.3 Release Mode) and make any custom changes that you made to your previous configuration
In the UEFI —> Drivers section simply uncheck OpenUsbKbDxe.efi, save the confit.plist, and reboot. Do mouse and keyboard work in OpenCore Picker?Will try.
The 0.7.3 mini guide is for Z490 Vision D. I'm using Z390 Designare. Should that matter?
@CaseySJ Managed to do the update and make the system boot using a thumb drive with the new EFI, but oddly neither my keyboard nor mouse would work within the OpenCore boot screen. I had to plug in another cheap DeLL keyboard (wireless, with USB receiver).
My keyboard is a KINESIS Advantage 2 (USB, wired)
My mouse is a Logi MX Master 2 (wireless) running through the USB receiver.
After boot everything seems fine with these devices. I'm testing system stability now
Reading this User Build should answer this question. Have you read it yet ? What applies to the Vision D will also apply to the G. It's proven to be stable and reliable when used for a hackintosh. Use HackinDROM to create your Vision G EFI folder. Yes, it's easy to setup.So I am looking for a good quality motherboard that is easy to setup, stable and reliable.
To quote this User Build...I may want to add a thunderbolt card in the future.
What thunderbolt card would you recommend ?
Also is the WIFI card removable and can it be replaced with a Broadcom BCM94360CD card ?