Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

This worked almost perfectly. I got WiFi to run but BT doesn’t work unfortunately. It does work in Windows though. The internal USB port that I connected the BT card to doesn’t seem to register the device in MacOS. Could that have anything to do with a missing kexts?

BT doesn’t even show up in system preference.
Have you enabled the internal USB port in your USB port map?

Have you enabled the internal USB port in your USB port map?

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t done that, no. I guess I had assumed the USBInjectAll.kext would take care of that.
How do I enable the 2 internal ports? Since you also use the Vision G.

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t done that, no. I guess I had assumed the USBInjectAll.kext would take care of that.
How do I enable the 2 internal ports? Since you also use the Vision G.

thanks

Perfect, thanks!

Sometimes the Bluetooth controller on the Fenvi WIFI card is the culprit as well. It is noisy. Solution for me? Set the USB port(s) for the Cooler and the Bluetooth module to ‘Internal’ (255) and the sleep problem is fixed.
Unfortunately for me I checked using hackintool and HS11 which is the usb port on the motherboard is already set to internal :(
@CaseySJ the culprit is in fact the GPRW patch, not the SSDT. I checked the GPRW SSDT,restarted and I could boot windows 10. But if I enable the patch windows crashes with an acpi bios stop error. Similar to the SSDT using the if (_OSI(Darwin)) statement, is there a way to inject the patch only on macos? I have noticed on the net lots of people having issues with patches being injected whereas the SSDT is not due to the "if" statement.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me I checked using hackintool and HS11 which is the usb port on the motherboard is already set to internal :(
@CaseySJ the culprit is in fact the GPRW patch, not the SSDT. I checked the GPRW SSDT,restarted and I could boot windows 10. But if I enable the patch windows crashes with an acpi bios stop error. Similar to the SSDT using the if (_OSI(Darwin)) statement, is there a way to inject the patch only on macos? I have noticed on the net lots of people having issues with patches being injected whereas the SSDT is not due to the "if" statement.
So is your sleep problem in windows or in Macintosh OS or both? I don’t use opencore to load windows or any other OS, I just boot them from the gigabyte f12 boot menu.

Last edited:
You're right that ACPI patches are universal at this time, but let's hope a future version of OpenCore supports conditional application based at least on OS type.
Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 7.29.22 AM.png

You're right that ACPI patches are universal at this time, but let's hope a future version of OpenCore supports conditional application based at least on OS type.
View attachment 530008
Theoretically, could it just be something like this: (pseudocode):

JavaScript:
if (_OSI(Darwin)) {

//use modified GPRW method

} else {

//use original GPRW method copied from DSDT
}

and then still apply the ACPI rename to the DSDT?

Theoretically, could it just be something like this: (pseudocode):

JavaScript:
if (_OSI(Darwin)) {

//use modified GPRW method

} else {

//use original GPRW method copied from DSDT
}

and then still apply the ACPI rename to the DSDT?
Unfortunately this does not work because:
  • The GPRW hack for disabling wake-from-USB (hence wake is only possible with power button) relies upon two parts:
    • SSDT-GPRW -- this SSDT already contains If (_OSI ("Darwin")) { }.
    • ACPI Rename -- we rename Method (GPRW, 2, N) to Method (XPRW, 2, N).
      • It is this ACPI rename (i.e. "ACPI Patch") that is universally applied because OpenCore currently has no means of applying it conditionally.

Hello,

When updating Big Sur to 11.6 (I'm still on 11.0.1) using the Software Update, do I choose Macintosh HD or my Catalina disk after the restart?

Also, I'm still on opencore 0.6.3. Do I need to update my opencore? My system is running very well and I have not encountered any problems since I first installed it, so I'm a bit worried about updating.

Thanks!

Back