Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Your Windows EFI partition looks fine.

Please try the attached config.plist, which disables AppleVTD. Serial numbers should be copied to PlatformInfo before use.
I tried your config.plist but unfortunately no luck for me :(

Some questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore is currently installed?
  • Does the Windows SSD contain an EFI partition?
  • If so, try this:
    • Boot into macOS
    • Mount EFI partition of Windows SSD
    • Open the EFI partition in Finder
    • Expand all of the top-level folders only (not sub-folders)
    • Post screenshot
1. OpenCore 0.7.3
2. (No EFI partition) Maybe I don't know about it.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your help.
Fab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 4.09.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 4.09.21 AM.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 35
1. OpenCore 0.7.3
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your help.
Fab
Format the disk using GUID not MBR.

Your Windows EFI partition looks fine.

Please try the attached config.plist, which disables AppleVTD. Serial numbers should be copied to PlatformInfo before use.
@CaseySJ As stated in a previous post I tried your config.plist but it did not work. However I found the issue. If I disable the GPRW SSDT and its relevant patch in ACPI then I can boot Windows 10 ! so you would think all good. But not really because I need GPRW otherwise my macos system does not go to sleep (it will go to sleep but wake up immediately). I have compared the GPRW SSDT of OC 0.6.1 (which was working fine with dual boot) and 0.7.3 and apart from if (_OSI("Darwin")) statement, the rest is identical and both compile with no error. I am therefore puzzled!
The only device that is connected to the internal USB header is the water cooler. The BT/wifi card is connected to an external USB port.

Last edited:
The only device that is connected to the internal USB header is the water cooler.

Thats a very common issue that causes macOs not to sleep correctly (instant wake) especially with Corsair AIO's, disconnect the USB cable for the AIO cooler and you should find that the system sleeps correctly, in most cases the USB is only needed for RGB control and sensor logging and that software usually only works in windows so no big loss.

It should not effect the performance of the cooler as the pump and fans can be controlled directly by the fan/pump headers on the motherboard.

Cheers
Jay

Thats a very common issue that causes macOs not to sleep correctly (instant wake) especially with Corsair AIO's, disconnect the USB cable for the AIO cooler and you should find that the system sleeps correctly, in most cases the USB is only needed for RGB control and sensor logging and that software usually only works in windows so no big loss.

It should not effect the performance of the cooler as the pump and fans can be controlled directly by the fan/pump headers on the motherboard.

Cheers
Jay
Surprisingly my water cooler is a Corsair one (but had the same issue before with NZXT). I might simply buy a similar male usb header/usb type A and connect to the back. I'll try that. Still would be good to have GPRW working and not preventing windows 10 from booting :)

1. OpenCore 0.7.3
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your help.
Fab

Format the disk using GUID not MBR.
Someone in this or the Z390 Designare thread managed to convert MBR to EFI. Will look for that post shortly.

Surprisingly my water cooler is a Corsair one (but had the same issue before with NZXT). I might simply buy a similar male usb header/usb type A and connect to the back. I'll try that. Still would be good to have GPRW working and not preventing windows 10 from booting :)
Sometimes the Bluetooth controller on the Fenvi WIFI card is the culprit as well. It is noisy. Solution for me? Set the USB port(s) for the Cooler and the Bluetooth module to ‘Internal’ (255) and the sleep problem is fixed.

On the Z490 Vision G the Fenvi AX3000 is a good choice. It will of course need the OpenIntelWireless drivers.

This worked almost perfectly. I got WiFi to run but BT doesn’t work unfortunately. It does work in Windows though. The internal USB port that I connected the BT card to doesn’t seem to register the device in MacOS. Could that have anything to do with a missing kexts?

BT doesn’t even show up in system preference.

Last edited:
Back