CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I see that one can update OC in the Configurator using OpenCore Downloader. Would this be the best and safest way to update to 0.6.2?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

How or what can I do to keep Opencore booting choice as default? When I reboot my system the cursor goes to the Windows choice. I am using OC 0.60

Another issue I am facing is related to "Show Scroll Bar". After rebooting the my system chooses the option "Show Scroll Bar -> Automatically based on mouse trackpad" but in this case I have no scroll bar defined to any application so I go to System Preferences/Show Scroll Bar/Always. How to keep this choice permanent?

Thanks.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

How or what can I do to keep Opencore booting choice as default? When I reboot my system the cursor goes to the Windows choice. I am using OC 0.60
With the OpenCore 0.6.2 zip available here, this has already been done. First we must make sure the BIOS boot order shows the macOS SSD as 1st Priority. Then OpenCore will try to keep it that way, but there are cases where Windows can change the BIOS boot order (this happens when Windows installs feature updates or other big updates).
Another issue I am facing is related to "Show Scroll Bar". After rebooting the my system chooses the option "Show Scroll Bar -> Automatically based on mouse trackpad" but in this case I have no scroll bar defined to any application so I go to System Preferences/Show Scroll Bar/Always. How to keep this choice permanent?
Have you Googled for an answer to this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

Thanks.

As @CaseySJ said above, if your system is booting straight into Windows and not showing the OC Picker unless you hit F12.

I read your question slightly differently. I thought you meant how to have the macOS boot option as the default, rather than Windows, from the OC picker. If that is the case, boot into macOS and then in System Preferences | Startup Disk, select the macOS disk (depending on what you called it, such as Catalina or Macintosh HD) you want to be default and then click the Restart button.

That will then set that as your default option in OC. To change it just do the above and select another disk, which could be Windows or another installation of macOS, eg Big Sur on a different ssd.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using separate SSD M.2, one has Windows 10 and the other, has Catalina. The BIOS booting order is from the Catalina disk, or OPENCORE. This behavior of highlighting Windows choice has been fixed after my my system had update to 10.15.7, and since then it was running ok. Once I inserted another SSD to install Linux which I changed the booting sequence to get Linux up and then I reboot my system, the Windows choice turns default.

When I used Clover there was a choice from the Clover Configuration to set boot process order but here using OC I didn't find it or should it been renamed.

Regarding "Show Scroll Bar" yes I use to Google before asking for help but I believe this forum is pretty good to get fast answers, in special this thread addressed to the Gigabyte Z490 vision D and G.

Thanks @Ploddles I will check this.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Ploddles
Thanks. Your suggestion has fixed the issue.
Regards, Csat.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Heyya @CaseySJ ... next time you're bored and want to test something, can you load up the Sony 4K camping video and export as 1080P HEVC in Quicktime and see what your GFX frequency is? Mine seems to max out at 0.15GHz, and I can't seem to figure out why that is...

Motherboard
Cyberpower
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi @CaseySJ thanks for this great guide. My system worked right away :)

I tried the wireless config and that worked great too. I have an Aquantia card in the last slot and that wasn't working with initial setup. When I took your 0.6.2 wireless config, it started working but Wifi stopped working. I noticed that there was a difference between 0.6.1 wireless config and the new config for SecureBootModel - the 0.6.1 config had Default as the value and the new config has Disabled.

So I have confirmed that (by changing back and forth between Disabled and Default) Wifi works with Default and Aquantia works with Disabled. Note that the Handoff and Continuity also don't work with Disabled.

I thought I'll share with the community and see if anybody else has also observed this behavior.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z690 Formula
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ooh maybe there's better support in Big Sur? What value are you using for AAPL,ig-platform-id?
Thanks!
I use it in headless mode: 07009B3E per Dortania. Also, I ensure that the iGPU is enabled (not Auto) in the BIOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi there, just to let you know that I tried to SSDT to disabled RP13 but same issue. It crashed/panicked at the same point unfortunately :)