Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Have you checked the boot priorities in BIOS Setup —> BOOT section? Set the top priority to the macOS SSD (if you see an option for “OpenCore”, do *not* select that).

Yes I have tried changing boot order in the BIOS but no love. I also just made a new entry in EasyEFI to see if maybe that would do anything but still the same error. The thing that has me stumped is it wont boot once I hold F12 and try to boot from the OpenCore USB Backup I have. Worked fine not long ago... Im not sure what to try next...

Yes I have tried changing boot order in the BIOS but no love. I also just made a new entry in EasyEFI to see if maybe that would do anything but still the same error. The thing that has me stumped is it wont boot once I hold F12 and try to boot from the OpenCore USB Backup I have. Worked fine not long ago... Im not sure what to try next...
So Windows works when booted directly from the F12 BIOS boot menu, but OpenCore picker does not appear?

An entry does appear for my Windows drive and for OpenCore drive. However when selecting the opencore one I get the a black screen with the following" "System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults. Reset System" and then it reboots. The error is up for less than a second and then reboots. I made a test entry for my 3rd NVMe linux drive with EasyEFI and now that one shows up too. I can boot into Linux now as well. I tried making a new entry for the opencore drive but it throws the same old error.

I should be pointing it here correct:
\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

~Thanks

An entry does appear for my Windows drive and for OpenCore drive. However when selecting the opencore one I get the a black screen with the following" "System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults. Reset System" and then it reboots. The error is up for less than a second and then reboots. I made a test entry for my 3rd NVMe linux drive with EasyEFI and now that one shows up too. I can boot into Linux now as well. I tried making a new entry for the opencore drive but it throws the same old error.

I should be pointing it here correct:
\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

~Thanks
When you tried booting from the bootable backup, did you press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu? If so, did an entry appear for booting from the backup disk?

When you tried booting from the bootable backup, did you press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu? If so, did an entry appear for booting from the backup disk?
I had to enable the SATA drives in the bios. Once enabled, I saved and reboot. A new item was in the F12 menu. I select it and boom. Error again... Its all very very strange...

I had to enable the SATA drives in the bios. Once enabled, I saved and reboot. A new item was in the F12 menu. I select it and boom. Error again... Its all very very strange...
Do you have your USB install disk? It also has an EFI partition with OpenCore. Try booting from that. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one. The EFI zip can be re-downloaded from the build guide. Then add serial numbers and try booting.

Do you have your USB install disk? It also has an EFI partition with OpenCore. Try booting from that. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one. The EFI zip can be re-downloaded from the build guide. Then add serial numbers and try booting.
I can try creating a fresh new one but the backup USB Drive I have for opencore is doing the same error. I think there is something else going on here... Ill try and report back.

@CaseySJ I got everything working again! Thank you. Figured Id try one more time with F6. Reinstalled, reset all settings, however now it just hangs at the Apple Logo, never gets to the bar loading. I tried disabling Profile 1 for my memory but still didn't go anywhere. Tried booting from my Fresh USB stick as well but nuttin. Open to suggestions, but I may just revert back to F5.

@CaseySJ I got everything working again! Thank you. Figured Id try one more time with F6. Reinstalled, reset all settings, however now it just hangs at the Apple Logo, never gets to the bar loading. I tried disabling Profile 1 for my memory but still didn't go anywhere. Tried booting from my Fresh USB stick as well but nuttin. Open to suggestions, but I may just revert back to F5.
F6 requires us to disable CFG-Lock manually.

Back