Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks Casey. You are the font of knowledge.

That brought up the latest update for me but I'm getting the error described previously even though I have 'secureBootModel' set to Disabled.
Have you tried using gibMacOS as follows:
gibMacOS-1.pnggibMacOS-2.pnggibMacOS-3.pnggibMacOS-4.pnggibMacOS-5.png
Then perform sub-steps 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 from Step 1 in the build guide:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.16.12 PM.png

Have you tried using gibMacOS as follows:
View attachment 490269View attachment 490270View attachment 490271View attachment 490272View attachment 490273
Then perform sub-steps 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 from Step 1 in the build guide:

View attachment 490274
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

I guess you are suggesting a full install from scratch.
Having just got my head around Big Sur File System Security and finally applying the UPS fix for my Corsair Commander Pro, I am a bit hesitant to start again with a new install.
I have applied all the previous updates with no problems until now.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

I guess you are suggesting a full install from scratch.
Having just got my head around Big Sur File System Security and finally applying the UPS fix for my Corsair Commander Pro, I am a bit hesitant to start again with a new install.
I have applied all the previous updates with no problems until now.
This will actually upgrade your installation, not replace it. When the MacOS installer starts, just begin the installation. Do not run Disk Utility because we’re not erasing anything; nor are we starting from scratch.

This will actually upgrade your installation, not replace it. When the MacOS installer starts, just begin the installation. Do not run Disk Utility because we’re not erasing anything; nor are we starting from scratch.

Hi. Thanks for this. I didn't realise I could do that.
I have followed your instructions and ended up with the update downloaded as in the attached image. Not sure how to continue to install.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.09.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.09.03.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 55
Hi. Thanks for this. I didn't realise I could do that.
I have followed your instructions and ended up with the update downloaded as in the attached image. Not sure how to continue to install.
  • Have you followed sub-steps 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 from Step 1 of build guide?
  • Is there an Install macOS Big Sur application in Applications folder on the Z490 Vision D?
    • If so, launch that app.
    • Select the option to install macOS.
    • When it asks for the target drive, select the existing Big Sur volume.
    • Now stand by and watch over the process.

Last edited:
  • Have you followed sub-steps 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 from Step 1 of build guide?
  • Is there an Install macOS Big Surapplication in Applications folder on the Z490 Vision D?
    • If so, launch that app.
    • Select the option to install macOS.
    • When it asks for the target drive, select the existing Big Sur volume.
    • Now stand by and watch over the process.
Yes, I have followed those steps but the installer does not seem to have been created properly from the download (see attached). I will have another go tomorrow.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.40.42.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 23.40.42.png
    41 KB · Views: 60
Now running BIOS F6.

Warning:
  • CFG-Lock is enabled by default and must be disabled from the BOOT section.

View attachment 490090
Took the leap to F6 BIOS but now Im having problems.

"System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults.
Reset System"

This comes up immediately following the splash of Gigabyte logo.
I reset to optimized defaults, and re-did all the initial settings from pg1. Also double checked CFG-Lock is disabled. I can get it to boot the windows UEFI, just not to OpenCore. Any ideas??

Took the leap to F6 BIOS but now Im having problems.

"System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults.
Reset System"

This comes up immediately following the splash of Gigabyte logo.
I reset to optimized defaults, and re-did all the initial settings from pg1. Also double checked CFG-Lock is disabled. I can get it to boot the windows UEFI, just not to OpenCore. Any ideas??
Use EasyUEFI in Windows to add a boot option for OpenCore. Change the order so OpenCore is at the top.

Use EasyUEFI in Windows to add a boot option for OpenCore. Change the order so OpenCore is at the top.
EasyUEFI shows that the boot entry already exists.
Says "UEFI OS" pointed at \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

Looks right to me... Any other ideas?? I downgraded to F5 and still seeing the same issue.

Guess I should have just left the working machine alone....

The machine will not boot from a USB stick either... It gives me the same error and reboots. I reset the BIOS and unplugged as well...

EasyUEFI shows that the boot entry already exists.
Says "UEFI OS" pointed at \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

Looks right to me... Any other ideas?? I downgraded to F5 and still seeing the same issue.

Guess I should have just left the working machine alone....

The machine will not boot from a USB stick either... It gives me the same error and reboots. I reset the BIOS and unplugged as well...
Have you checked the boot priorities in BIOS Setup —> BOOT section? Set the top priority to the macOS SSD (if you see an option for “OpenCore”, do *not* select that).

Back