Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ sorry to bother again...
I recently return to use this z490 Vision D Hackintosh configuration, I was using the z690 Vision G and the Slate Digital VRS8 connected without any trouble. But I can't figured out to make it work with the z490 Hackintosh again, I did a fresh installation using the mini guide of OpenCore 0.9.2 update. I also notice the the Intel audio is not working also. I'd appreciate any hint on where to look to solve this, please.
Hello @Fabrizzioa04,

Does the Slate Digital VRS8 connected via USB 2 or USB 3 or Thunderbolt?

If it connects via USB 2 or USB 3, which USB port is it plugged into? And have you tried different USB ports?

Thanks for your response, right now its connected via pci with a card that come included with the interface, but I also try via thunderbolt without success, years ago was it working with the two ways thunderbolt and the pci. I attached you my config.plist file just in case something its out of place, thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for your response, right now its connected via pci with a card that come included with the interface, but I also try via thunderbolt without success, years ago was it working with the two ways thunderbolt and the pci. I attached you my config.plist file just in case something its out of place, thank you.
Let’s also look at IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer.

Here it is thank you.

Attachments

• Favio’s iMac 04:24.ioreg
    17.6 MB · Views: 4
Here it is thank you.
As we can see in the red box, the driver is not attaching. Some questions/comments:
  • Because you are running Sonoma 14.4, are you certain that the correct drivers for Sonoma are installed?
  • For Intel Audio, please try attached config.plist
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.54.57 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
As we can see in the red box, the driver is not attaching. Some questions/comments:
  • Because you are running Sonoma 14.4, are you certain that the correct drivers for Sonoma are installed?
  • For Intel Audio, please try attached config.plist
View attachment 581211
The Intel audio is working now, thank you so much. About the VRS 8 driver, its installed and in the Z690 Hackintosh works fine. I have it connected via Thunderbolt now, and I'll sent you the IORegistryExplorer output if you can see the same problem please.

Also I just noted that I can't connect other monitor with a type-c to HDMI adapter. The other monitor connected via HDMI turns off and start to fail. I don't know if its related to the VRS 8 not working...

Attachments

• Favio’s iMac 04:24 VRS 8 Thunderbolt.ioreg
    17.3 MB · Views: 3
last year when I updated to Sonoma last year, my 10G card stopped working (ASUS XG-C100C)

Did not have time to deal with it.

Is anyone willing to help me figure this one out? Not sure how to start the diagnostic process.

Thank you

attaching some screenshots

Attachments

• network.png
    network.png
    404.6 KB · Views: 5
  • pci.png
    pci.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm unable to install the latest update UAD-v11.2.0-Mac from UAD audio, because the "Allow" option doesn't appear in the System settings to allow the UAD software activation.
If there is a solution for this I'd be grateful for some advice!

in use:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
OpenCore 0.9.9 / SIP is disable via OpenCore: SecureBootModel>disable and csr-active-config: FF0F0000
Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)
Apollo Twin, Thunderbolt 2
update: I don’t even know what happened there, but I had to reinstall Sonoma and now everything just fine.

Last edited:
Started having crashed and determined my RAM has failed. I got some new sticks and the system is mostly stable now. But my Bluetooth Magic Mouse keeps losing connection and reconnecting, until eventually Bluetooth just disappears. I am using the Fenvi and still on Monterey. This happened once before, and a hard power off seemed to cure it. But not such luck this time. Anything I can try? It's driving me mad!

Back