Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
Intel Core i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 660
Hello,

I just installed fresh Mojave to new SSD. After some initial problems, i managed it work. BUT only if i set Initial Display Output in BIOS to IGFX. But then of course i cant use my dual monitor setup and GPU acceleration and im stuck with very slow (but stable) system. When I set Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot, system boots to login screen and Im able to login without any problems. But very soon (few secs) after login, system freezes and reboot is only option. Sometimes it works for few minutes even with working acceleration, but its really rare.

Other problem is that system's chances to boot are about 50:50 but thats apparently another problem (happens with either initial outputs).
One issue is problem with NTFS drive with windows: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s2, pid 145): ntfs_restart_page_header_is_valid(): $LogFile version 2.0 is not supported. But was "solved" by disconnecting Windows HDD.

Interesting is that my old hackintosh installation (on different SSD) with Sierra works with GPU like charm with not extra settings from same Clover boot.

My Mojave EFI kexts are:
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NoVPAJpeg.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Product model is set to MacPro6,1.

Please, do you guys have any suggestion what to try? Im stuck with Sierra for now.

Hi ArtyCZ. I am new at this, so I am no pro. I have the same motherboard and it is working well. I set up most things through this guide. He has a slightly different motherboard. You have to ignore his thunderbolt, ethernet and sound settings because the motherboard we have is different.

I am still having problems with USB 3.0. There is a long guide to fix the USB ports, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Mojave does not work with Nvidia GPUs, simply due to lack of drivers

Mojave does not work with Nvidia GPUs, simply due to lack of drivers
But GTX 660 should be working out of the box without any other drivers, right?

But GTX 660 should be working out of the box without any other drivers, right?

Yes, you are correct. However, it has been known since High Sierra that the GTX 660 has problems like graphics glitches, while it works normally under Sierra and older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back