Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

It's related to your video card. Are you using custom power play tables?
I have two video cards,amd and nvidia.what is custom power play tables.

I have two video cards,amd and nvidia.what is custom power play tables.

If you don't know what power play tables are, you probably didn't modify it...

Your crash is def related to video card. I don't know the exact cause. You will have to do some testing to isolate the exact problem.

If you don't know what power play tables are, you probably didn't modify it...

Your crash is def related to video card. I don't know the exact cause. You will have to do some testing to isolate the exact problem.
Thanks.I’ll remove the Nvidia video card

I decided to take the plunge and try OCLP with my Laptop which has a Dell DW1560. It all went pretty smooth and painlessly. So far everything seems to be working fine and running stable.

1. Update to Sonoma.
  2. Open config.plist.
  3. Disable SIP and SecureBootModel.
  4. Add three kexts and block one.
  5. Reboot and clear NVRAM.
  6. Launch OCLP and apply patch.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Done.

FYI, here's how I have my Wi-Fi related kexts ordered:
Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 3.15.54 PM.png

I decided to take the plunge and try OCLP with my Laptop which has a Dell DW1560. It all went pretty smooth and painlessly. So far everything seems to be working fine and running stable.

Well done, and thanks for updating others. I'm holding off - just don't have the bandwidth right now and been so happy with how stable my machine is right now. I also want to just let Sonoma settle down and stabilize - lots of updates and all that (error catching, I guess).

I have Sonoma on an (apple) laptop and it's not THAT compelling as yet, so not seeing much that makes me think I must upgrade. Most importantly, not much that would seem to cause compatibility problems between the computers.

I've used OCLP though - I have an old 11" macbook air that I was keeping up to date on Ventura until recently. It works well for that purposes. But when I bought a used M1 macbook, I decided that one was too slow / too limited memory for current MacOS, so now I'm just using it with Linux Mint - it's so tiny that it's actually nice for a backup, and more than powerful enough for email / web / basic writing / some google docs work that I do. My friend jokes I'm using it as an apple-branded chromebook.

Well done, and thanks for updating others. I'm holding off - just don't have the bandwidth right now and been so happy with how stable my machine is right now. I also want to just let Sonoma settle down and stabilize - lots of updates and all that (error catching, I guess).

I have Sonoma on an (apple) laptop and it's not THAT compelling as yet, so not seeing much that makes me think I must upgrade. Most importantly, not much that would seem to cause compatibility problems between the computers.

I've used OCLP though - I have an old 11" macbook air that I was keeping up to date on Ventura until recently. It works well for that purposes. But when I bought a used M1 macbook, I decided that one was too slow / too limited memory for current MacOS, so now I'm just using it with Linux Mint - it's so tiny that it's actually nice for a backup, and more than powerful enough for email / web / basic writing / some google docs work that I do. My friend jokes I'm using it as an apple-branded chromebook.

Yeah. I'm trying to hold off on getting an Apple laptop for as long as possible. I want to see what the M3 generation will bring. Being able to run Sonoma on my current hackBook allows me to push out the purchase of a real MacBook a bit further.

Yeah. I'm trying to hold off on getting an Apple laptop for as long as possible. I want to see what the M3 generation will bring. Being able to run Sonoma on my current hackBook allows me to push out the purchase of a real MacBook a bit further.
While I never thought I would replace my desktop with a laptop, M2 Max seems to fully fit the bill. As I have said in the past I do wish I would have been more patience and ordered it with 64GB instead of walking into the store and buying the 32GB... After more usage my initial complaint about the memory was not actually about the memory, the software was causing some kind of memory leak as not even 64GB can handle run away memory leak using up 1.3GB of memory and crashing the system. The software has been fixed with the last release and 32 GB is handling Rendering software, windows on Arm and Revit.

I finally got around to updating my Z390M, I tried to use your EFI Folder but never got one to work.
HDMI audio works the the speakers are so bad in the monitors I have.
Can you have a look at the EFI folder. I'm trying to stay with iMac 19.1 so I don't have to find new serial numbers.
macOS 13.6 (22G120)
OpenCore 0.9.2

Attachments

• 2023-10-7-18-20-05-EFI.zip
    10 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I finally got around to updating my Z390M, I tried to use your EFI Folder but never got one to work.
HDMI audio works the the speakers are so bad in the monitors I have.
Can you have a look at the EFI folder. I'm trying to stay with iMac 19.1 so I don't have to find new serial numbers.

Where does it stop when using my EFI?

Your EFI has patches for IGPU which aren't needed if you have an RX 570. I suggest disabling IGPU completely.

Where does it stop when using my EFI?

Your EFI has patches for IGPU which aren't needed if you have an RX 570. I suggest disabling IGPU completely.
Around OC 0.6.3, BigSur 11.6.2

Back