Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

ok, will do, but need some extra time to do this.
Will report if done ;)

Yeah. I'm trying to hold off on getting an Apple laptop for as long as possible. I want to see what the M3 generation will bring. Being able to run Sonoma on my current hackBook allows me to push out the purchase of a real MacBook a bit further.
Frankly, I probably waited too long to just bite the bullet and get a proper laptop; even though I expect I'll keep using the desktop hack as my main axe for some time to come.
And that's what convinced me really (apart from having a bit of money from selling some stuff): I had to stop thinking about what computer was best and what the next round would be, just get one and use it for a while. If I need to upgrade, I'll sell this one and eat the difference.
Not that you should take advice from me: I'd been better advised to just buy the first round of M1 MacBook Airs, would have got much more use out of it overall.

Frankly, I probably waited too long to just bite the bullet and get a proper laptop; even though I expect I'll keep using the desktop hack as my main axe for some time to come.
And that's what convinced me really (apart from having a bit of money from selling some stuff): I had to stop thinking about what computer was best and what the next round would be, just get one and use it for a while. If I need to upgrade, I'll sell this one and eat the difference.
Not that you should take advice from me: I'd been better advised to just buy the first round of M1 MacBook Airs, would have got much more use out of it overall.

To be honest, I really don't need a very powerful laptop. I'm perfectly happy with the performance from my current laptop which just has an i5-8265U and IGPU. I just like being on the most current version of macOS, and I'd like longer battery life than I currently have.

Using iMac19,1 is not a problem but you should leave IGPU enabled in BIOS. Nothing needs to be done in config.plist.

Those patches in your config.plist are for 10GBase-T. If you do not have a 10GBase-T NIC, you can disable or delete all of them.
I removed Kernal Patch 6 and 7, Now it says the 5 Replace requires ReplaceMask. (see image)
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 6.16.35 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 6.16.54 PM.png

And I still have no Network services. But Audio works.

Let me know if there is another information or troubleshooting steps I can take.
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 6.13.52 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    79.3 KB · Views: 23
To be honest, I really don't need a very powerful laptop. I'm perfectly happy with the performance from my current laptop which just has an i5-8265u and IGPU. I just like being on the most current version of macOS and I'd like longer battery life than I currently have.
The M1 battery life is INSANE. So good. I wanted the maglet power but frankly, I charge it so infrequently, who cares.

I removed Kernal Patch 6 and 7, Now it says the 5 Replace requires ReplaceMask. (see image)
View attachment 572773View attachment 572775

And I still have no Network services. But Audio works.

Let me know if there is another information or troubleshooting steps I can take.
View attachment 572774

I don't know what that thing is complaining about.... Just delete all those patches if you do not need them.

It seems to detect your NIC... Have you tested the NIC in Windows or Linux?

I don't know what that thing is complaining about.... Just delete all those patches if you do not need them.

It seems to detect your NIC... Have you tested the NIC in Windows or Linux?
I don't have Windows or Linux installed.
When Finder is loading, I can see that the WiFi is searching, then places a mark over the icon, then grays it out.

What is the magic sauce I need to add for Audio? Or is the audio spread over multiple places and patches.
I have AppleALC.kext (v1.8.3) loading. Are there other dependent files? Is it more than adding the PCI Root (see image)? I think I tried this but it still didn't work.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.30.09 AM.png

I don't have Windows or Linux installed.
When Finder is loading, I can see that the WiFi is searching, then places a mark over the icon, then grays it out.

What is the magic sauce I need to add for Audio? Or is the audio spread over multiple places and patches.
I have AppleALC.kext (v1.8.3) loading. Are there other dependent files? Is it more than adding the PCI Root (see image)? I think I tried this but it still didn't work.

View attachment 572832

Which Wi-Fi card are you using?

You can either use DeviceProperties to assign the layout-id or use boot-args to assign layout-id. Both work.

You can either use DeviceProperties to assign the layout-id or use boot-args to assign layout-id. Both work.
WiFi card Apple BCM94360CD

All working now!

I added: PciRoot(0x0)/P ci(0×1f,0x3) plus all the values.

THANKS!

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 5.53.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 5.47.51 PM.png

Back